Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and VDJ8 Set-up - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys, i have been looking for a post like this to ask a few questions regarding my new sx2 that i just bought, two weeks ago. I am intending to buy the month to month license until i get the money to buy the pro infinity one. I am new to djing but i have been using vdj7 home edition for a while and i must admit i love it. The sx2 comes with Serato as everybody knows but i don't intent to keep it, that's why I'm here.
I have never tried the sx2 with vdj cause i learned it won't work with vdj7, so i wanna buy the monthly license to download and start using VDJ8 right away with the sx2, so my questions are:
What are the steps to follow to download it and configure it to make it work smoothly? Will having Serato cause any conflicts between the two programs? Do i have to erase Serato from my laptop? (I don't mind doing it)......or else....do i have to run Serato in the background to make possible for VDJ8 to work with the controller?
I apologize for all these silly questions, any help will be greatly appreciated....and thank you so much in advance for letting me posting and hopefully become part of the VDJ community
Cheers
Juan

I have a Macbook pro, 2013, 2.7 ghz, Intel i7, 8gb Ram 

Mensajes Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 9:25 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

no, you don't have to delete Serato or any other DJ program from you PC just in order to use the SX with VDJ.

Even now, without a pro licence, you should be able to use the controller with the home free version for 10 minutes after each start of VDJ.
So just try it ;)

And for the setup, if the controller is connected to your PC you should see a Pioneer SX2 icon in config - audio options.
Just click on that icon and VDJ will auto-set the audio config for you.
And that's it.

Mensajes Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 3:35 am
Thank you so much PachN and sorry for my late feedback, your answer has been very helpful.... may I ask you a few one last thing? I have been reading about the software a lot and there is something that I dont have clear yet. When I will plug the controller, what kind of soundcard should I choose? Internal? External? Wich one is the external?....my sx2 ??.....then the sound output issue....what do I choose as sound output? ....I mean, I have a pair of powered speakers, is that the sound output? .....uf! lots of questions!! In my laptop I was using the internal speakers, so I guess I should choose the new ones, is that so?
Thank you so much for your help, any feedback from you or anyone in the vdj community would be a great learning that I will gladly pass to others,
Cheers

Mensajes Fri 17 Jul 15 @ 10:20 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As I said in my previous post. If you connect the sx to the pc, open vdj and go to config - audio.
There you will see a button with the sx icon on it. Just click that button and vdj will select and set all audio configurations for you.
So no need to choose it by yourself.

Mensajes Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 9:12 am
hello there.. can anyone help me set up my sx2 with two turntables.

Mensajes Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:01 pm
user9752776 wrote :
hello there.. can anyone help me set up my sx2 with two turntables.

Mensajes Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 5:02 pm
Just to play vinyl through the SX2 mixer, or are you wanting to use time code?

Mensajes Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 6:05 pm
dj.aonaPRO InfinityMember since 2012
took a break in the summer and now im back in the loop. what the hell happened. my cue points are not responsive anymore. please help I cant just bounce to cues or repeat the same point anymore. it is very lagged out.

Mensajes Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 1:17 pm
What changes have you made since you stopped. Have you updated VDJ?

Not enough information there for us to help you at all.

Mensajes Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 1:27 pm
sorry bout that running 8.0.0 on windows 8.1 . I used to be able to drum on the hot cue now they are real lagged out and sloppy. also the cues used to just trigger play now I have to physically hit play with the cue held down. when I pause break in slip the track doesn't slip at all it stops and starts where it paused.

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 1:04 am
1. Turn OFF smart-cue
2. Change the "hotcuemode" option from 'stutter' to PLAY
3. Slip_mode never worked on a "paused" track. You need to enable the "global slip" prior doing your stuff and then disable it again to resume from "where you would have been"

Mensajes Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 6:56 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1. Turn OFF smart-cue
2. Change the "hotcuemode" option from 'stutter' to PLAY
3. Slip_mode never worked on a "paused" track. You need to enable the "global slip" prior doing your stuff and then disable it again to resume from "where you would have been"

hotcuemode is set to play. how do I enable " global slip "

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 1:31 pm
It's page 13 of the manual - 3rd paragraph.

Mensajes Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 3:15 pm
thanks

Mensajes Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 1:40 pm
Hello, I already had the ddjsb but upgrade big time to the ddj sx2 windows and using virtuL dj 8. It turns on but no sound. Already bought the program for the ddj-sb do I now have to buy the program DDJ SX to to use it with Virtual DJ 8?. If so that really sucks cuz I just bought it not too long ago. Is there a way I can get sound even for 10 minutes I'm wondering if I know if I'm running a laptop speakers and a powered mixer how would I set that up to get sound through my speakers the ddj-sx - a powered mixer and speakers. I've got the headphone jack that goes from the laptop to the mixer do I need some kind of sound cord from the ddj-sx to to the laptop or mixer? Thank you

Mensajes Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 11:51 pm
Yes you need to buy another license if you want a version of VDJ that works with your SX2. Each controller (Plus) license only works for the controller it was bought for.

The best option is to buy the full Pro Infinity license, as then you will not have to pay again when you change controllers. The Plus (controller) licenses are for home use only.

Mensajes Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 6:34 pm
Hello, I'm always asked tp do the update. However I think doing the update I may lose my music history is this true?

Mensajes Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 7:17 pm
What do you mean by "do the update"?

If you mean the new builds that are available when VDJ gives you a pop up message saying there's a new version, then you won't lose anything by doing that.

Mensajes Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 7:38 pm
Thanks for the reply. I bought the program. Here is my issue w vd8 and ddjsx2 I cant get the fader to work period. Also veey strange im so loat w this when using headphones regardless both sounds come out because the fader iant working. Meaning both songs play out loud. Also in.vd8 it disables my volume button. Sheesh frustrating I feel like a newbie. I have been doing this 18 years. I'm lost for ideas maybe I'm missing firmware or mappers. Any suggestions. Sincerely frustrated spice..

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 2:52 am
Gotcha. Yes it says updates and I always click no being afraid of losing my music or aka playlists

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 2:53 am
67%