Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Windows 10 Compatibility & Issues - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, it requires v7.4.6.

Mensajes Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 8:40 am
djgup68Home userMember since 2010
i am having problems - when i load my music from my external drive it shows the photo but doesnt load the song since windows 10 works odd time but not all the time any suggestions

Mensajes Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 8:08 pm
LJBPRO3Home userMember since 2015
Hi I recently installed windows 10, currently using VDJ 8, controller going haywire, I manage to play a few songs and controller and VDJ 8 freeze. At start up all the LED's on effects knobs light up, BPM meter scrolls, just to name a few issues. Installed latest drivers from Numark. NS7ii is a Serato controller and works fine with that software. Sorry had to try it to test haha. My Numark V7 work fine with VDJ 8. Can anyone help thanks!

Mensajes Thu 03 Sep 15 @ 3:23 pm
bazzinPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have upgraded to windows 10, using VDJ8. I have had the same problems as some of the other users regarding the use of VDJ8 without any problems. I upgraded from windows 8.1 and VDJ8 worked fine on that OS. I have been trying alsorts of things to try and resolve the problems like loud buzzing coming from the laptop speakers and drivers not running etc. I have uninstalled VDJ8, ASIO Drivers, Sound card driver for the Realtek HD Audio sound driver, but No good result.
I sat back and thought about what I was doing and how to put things right. I knew that all was OK when I was on the windows 8.1 OS, so then came a possible answer. Run VDJ8 is program compatability mode for windows 8, also run the ASIO Driver in compatability mode for Win 8. Try it for yourself. Its worked for me.

Mensajes Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 9:05 pm
I have upgraded to Windows 10 the day it was available. I have not experienced any problem yet. Last weekend I played a whole weekend (friday, saturday and sunday from morning to morning) with the Windows 10 laptop with VDJ8 and everything worked great.

I do can confirm that I also had the horrific stuttering buzz out of my laptop speakers when I first started VDJ8 with Windows 10 installed. My first reaction was go to the Soundcard settings in VDJ8 and change it to my controller again!! That worked for me. Never had this issue again.

Two of my friends experienced the same problem. One of my friends uses the "JB systems kontrol 3" controller. This controller doesn't work anymore since the Windows 10 upgrade. He is talking with JB systems for a solution.
He also got the (very loud) stuttering buzz sound with starting VDJ8 after the Windows 10 upgrade.

My other friend also got the stuttering buzz sound out of his laptop speakers after the Windows 10 upgrade, but he blew up his internal laptopspeakers with it!
His controller is working well, but his internal laptop speakers died with a smell of burned speakers...

So be carefull everyone!

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:32 am
Using windows 10 over the weekend and I had problems with the curser . It would disappear when it was placed on the search box with the arrow eventually splitting in two. Its a windows 10 problem and not an issue with VDJ8 however just another glitch. I have tried uploading a screen shot but for some reason VDJ forum wont accept it.

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 12:55 pm
I can't believe Microsoft released Windows 10 with so many bugs. Wait ...... no I can.

They committed to a date and it wasn't ready so just released it anyway. After the disaster I had upgrading a Windows 8.1 machine where unbeknown to me it would completely wipe your wireless card if VPN Software was on the machine (also unknown to me) I won't be giving it another try. 2 days wasted and I had to completely restore the machine to factory settings.

Muppets!

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:13 pm
Win 10 is terrible very slow and thats been on several computers. I have been using superantispyware for years and just after one sitting it discovered 218 pieces malware. It is also known that Microsoft by design allows windows 10 to send information about your use to over 15 sites. No warning is given that the restore process may not work and you can not revert back to original OS. Last night I put a clean OS7 drive in my gig Machine which was much faster.

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:45 pm
chriso710 wrote :
Win 10 is terrible very slow.....

Are you kidding me? Maybe you have to remove your spyware seeker, because I upgraded all my machines (desktops and laptops) and even my slowest laptop I wanted to throw away is now fast enough to keep!

It's faster than my Windows 7 AND Windows 8.1 laptops!

It's so good I even gave advice to my boss to implement Win10 at work

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:49 pm
If i can give any advise on Win10:
If don't have performance issues, stay on your system.
I wouldn't trust Win10 for professional DJing at the moment if you have the choice.
Just wait a few months more so the OS is more stable for those things.
If you still want Windows 10:

Install it new.
Upgrades are horrible.

They are way more likely to mess up your system and especially programs like VDJ can be dangered.
That doesn't mean that it's likely, but no professional DJ wants the possibility of something going wrong, right?

Mensajes Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:17 pm
bazzinPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Re - Windows 10 and VDJ7/8.
I tried alsorts to get rid of the loud buzz that was coming out of my speakers on my laptop. uninstalling software, updating drivers, changing settings, all to no resolution.

The result is and confirmed as a FIX.
Run VDJ7/8 in compatability mode and set it to run as "windows 8"
Also do this for your external sound card, mines a Dj io.

I have tested this now for the full week running and shutting down and then running again with no issues.

Try it for yourself, hope this works for you.

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 5:05 pm
since windows 10 update vdj cpu usage has been pinned to the red but in task manager cpu at 30

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 11:20 pm
Upgraded to Windows 10 and had problems running videos with both vdj 7 and 8 where videos would freeze intermittently and sometimes lag or be out of sync with audio. also would see lines across video that appear to be scan errors. had no problems with audio. tried changing registry values for videomemmaxuse but no effect. also made sure i had latest nvidia video driver. still no fix. ended up downgrading back to windows 8.1 (painless and quick process so long as you are within 30 days of when you did the win10 upgrade). everything working normal now.

alienware x51
16 gb ram
i7 cpu
nvidia geforce 960 gtx 2gb dedicated

Mensajes Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 4:02 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It is sometimes worth asking what would upgrading to windows 10 offer that windows 8/7 never regarding running a pc for DJ work (office work i can see benefits but not for djing)
So why upgrade a known good configuration for a new operating system that is in its infancy. If it ain't broke why try and fix it?

My home pc windows 10, my dj pc's...... not a chance Windows updates turned off period

Mensajes Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 8:14 am
I have being using wind 10 since release and have no problems using it in gigs

Mensajes Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 7:45 pm
Hi everybody.
Im still using my Gig Laptop Asus G73 with Win7 VDJ7 as VDJ is still losing Video link with VDJ8. However. As its been out a while Im now preparing my second laptop with latest windows 10. I have put a 240 GB SSD drive and a 2tb drive with the option of a third internal drive. It a I7 3D gaming laptop ASUS G75JW. Please can any DJs who have upgraded to the very latest Win 10 and using VDJ8 give latest heads up.

ASUS G75VW Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop, Full HD (1920x1080) LED Backlit Display 3D Intel Core i7-3610QM Ivy Bridge (Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz), 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, SSD 240GB HDD 2TB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (Kepler Core), 802.11n, Bluetooth v4.0, USB 3.0, HDMI, DP, 64-Bit

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 8:08 pm
HRWatson68 wrote :
I run VDJ 8 Infinity and Windows 10 Home Premium and use the Gemini CNTRL7 Controller on a modified Dell Studio XPS 1640 Laptop.

I am happy to say, I did a 9 hour stress test on this rig and it performed flawlessly.

The laptop was upgraded from 4GB Ram to 8GB
The Hard Drive was replaced with a 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD

UPDATE: I have since done 6 gigs and have had ZERO issues with VDJ8 and Windows 10 (Much faster than 7,8, and 8.1 were). I did notice a bug when unhooking VGA out from my laptop to a projector that Virtual DJ 8 will disconnect my Gemini CNTRL 7, but doing a simple shut down of VDJ8 and restarting it, solves the issue. I now leave the VGA connector plugged in at gigs until I am done for the night.

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 10:54 pm
Adion wrote :
It's indeed not possible to block updates completely(...)

That is not right.

You can actually block all updates and telemetry of Windows 10, but at the cost of making significant changes to the OS
that no normal user/DJ should have to make.
Also external tools are needed if you don't want to spend hours to block updates.

I just wouldn't block them.
Even though i had no problems on my current Windows 10 installation for a month of trying out stuff,
many errors are still reported.

Regards,
Daniel

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 7:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
SBDJ wrote :
...... my gig laptop runs with every unnecessary hardware and service disabled. Literally as bare bones as you can get, keep DPC and hard page faults in check :)

I'd love to see that services / processes list. I can get down to mid '30s for processes but I know there's more to kill.

Mensajes Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 2:01 pm
I upgraded from 7 to 10 today and happy to report no problems.

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 7:55 pm
92%