Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: Limiter!?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey Everyone! :)
Few Weeks ago i bought a new Mixtrack 3 (Not pro) (Without Soundcard), the problem is that i dont want that limiter. in virtual dj 7 you can adjust the gain and you get the distored sound but by lowing some gain it's sounds great. but in virtual dj 8 my gain is in center still the Limiter kicks in and my volume is high low high low high low.!: @ , i have also set my zerodb to 0.75. now what any fix i dont want limiter

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 7:44 am
You can't disable it.

Is your Autogain setting at "auto"?

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 8:01 am
There have been many posts on the limiter, I would just search the forum, but to recap...

You cant turn off the limiter

Adjust 0db ro give you more headroom

Normalize tour tracks for gain or get vdj to do it for you (auto and remember)

If you could turn off the limiter, you would just end up with distorted sound!

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 8:02 am

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 8:06 am
My gain is stuck i want to increase my volume my gain is full but still low sound what to do :(

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 9:45 am
Actually my collection is about 30 gb. so i can't change db. about each one them track it will take years :3

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 9:47 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you do prefer the clipping sound of vdj 7 to increase the volume, you could try the 'Distortion' effect as a master effect.
Otherwise it's better to increase the volume at your amplifier/speakers, or invest in speakers that can go louder.

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 9:50 am
that's a great idea and can you tell me why in virtual dj it's showing simple midi wrapper with no mapping and in 8 factory default can i use that factory default in 7?

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 10:15 am
Your controller was released after VirtualDj 8 was released. So there's not support for it on VirtualDj 7 since it's maintainace have stopped. Newer controllers are added only on VirtualDj 8.

PS: If the volume produced by your soundcard is not enough you should:
1) Turn up your amplifier volume more
2) Buy a more powerfull amp/speakers set
3) Buy a better sound interface that will produce better output. However this doesn't necessary mean that you will have louder sound unless your current interface is a "quiet" one

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 10:22 am
Is it possible that i can map to virtual dj 7 ? Any way? because i use 7 mostly in parties :/ somebody? made mapping for that?????????:(

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 10:30 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you set to auto or auto+remember?
Also, I've had Windows set my old Mixtrack as the default sound card. The volume got turned down on it in Windows once. Check to make sure that's not the case as well. I recommend setting it to not be the default sound as well.

The ZeroDB setting will effectively adjust the output on all of your tracks instead of you doing it one by one.
What is your full signal chain or list of equipment. Maybe it's just an issue of gain staging.

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 11:35 am
noo.

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 2:01 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I set up ZeroDB as -3% and it's been perfect from day 1.

Mensajes Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 4:33 pm
abdulsami34 wrote :
Actually my collection is about 30 gb. so i can't change db. about each one them track it will take years :3

not at all, just batch scan everything in your collection, set it off and leave it running , will be done in no time at all

Mensajes Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 3:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)