Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Tema: volume fade to white

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello, a simple question. Is it possible to assign volume feaders to fade to white instead of fading to black? Maybe some video effect with slider? Any idea? Thank you!

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 7:15 am
No, it's not possible currently even with an effect. However I wonder why you want to fade in white... I mean without any video the screens would be white and that's a lot of light to go out from your screen(s) :)

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 6:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
An effect could be created to do this.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 7:10 pm
jaakko wrote :
Hello, a simple question. Is it possible to assign volume feaders to fade to white instead of fading to black? Maybe some video effect with slider? Any idea? Thank you!

my guess is you wanna use the bright white as an effect? If yes try and find the electro shock plug in.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 16 @ 10:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Isn't there a colour invert fx? Would that do it? I'm actually asking I don't use video and am unsure if vfx are post fader.

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 8:55 am
locodog wrote :
Isn't there a colour invert fx? Would that do it? I'm actually asking I don't use video and am unsure if vfx are post fader.

There is a color fx too but you need a mouse to control it good. The electro shock effect is excellent because you conttol by pressing cue from the cued up deck

Mensajes Sun 07 Feb 16 @ 3:34 pm
Thanks for the tips! Yes the idea is a sort of effect. I will quickly turn volume fader to zero and screen flashes and then quickly back to normal. I dont use volume fader to anything else (I use crossfader for actual mixing), except maybe in the end of the night I will fade the last song. There it could also work as a full light to tell everyone the night is over.

PressNPlayDJ wrote :
jaakko wrote :

my guess is you wanna use the bright white as an effect? If yes try and find the electro shock plug in.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 16 @ 7:27 pm
jaakko wrote :
Thanks for the tips! Yes the idea is a sort of effect. I will quickly turn volume fader to zero and screen flashes and then quickly back to normal. I dont use volume fader to anything else (I use crossfader for actual mixing), except maybe in the end of the night I will fade the last song. There it could also work as a full light to tell everyone the night is over.

[quote=PressNPlayDJ][quote=jaakko]Hello, a simple question. Is it possible to assign volume feaders to fade to white instead of fading to black? Maybe some video effect with slider? Any idea? Thank you!

The 2 effects that can do what you want are electro shock and colorize. Both of them work perfect. Personally i prefer electro shock cause it works with your cued up song. For example: deck 1 is master deck and video clip is playing. Electro shock is loaded as a single deck effect on deck 2. You activate it and load a song or video clip on deck 2. Press cue and you will see the effect activating. You can control the time and frequency of it. Really good effect. Only issue is that no matter how you want your settings to be you'll have to set them up each time you run virtual dj.
Second thing is the colorize. You can map a knob as the brightness and use it like that as a master effect or again single deck effect.

Mensajes Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 6:30 am
Thanks for the tips PressNPlayDJ!

Mensajes Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 7:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)