Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Samler output crackles... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When playing a looping sample synced to mastertempo the sampler output lots of crackles.
This was rock solid before 8.2

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 7:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I don't get any crackles here.
The sample is set to Sync-Lock, and pitchQuality is set to 2?

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 10:37 am
Yes correct
It's completely un-usable for me. Sorry but I have to go back to 2857 when this worked *without any issue*

The crackles shows up most in low-frequency contents like a drum loop.

EDIT: Installed 2857 and sampler works perfect again.

Mensajes Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 6:05 pm
Anyone having the same issue ?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 10:29 am
You get it with the default 'instruments' sample pack included with vdj?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:02 am
Yes, exactly.
And with everything else thrown on the sampler.
It sounds like clipping, just like the headroom was lower. Did this change while upgrading the audio engine ?

While playing a sample and writing a "?" in the browser search field, VDJ just restarted without notification, but that's another story... (maybe you have a log, I was online)

Doesn't the sampler output be affected by the "Zero dB" setting ?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 5:23 pm
Could you try to record it from within vdj?
If it would be clipping, you could try if it makes a difference if you lowered the volume of the sample.
It wouldn't explain why it would only happen to synced samples though.

I assume the distortion is not happening when no decks are playing then?

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 6:24 pm
What is the BPM of the sample??

I can get distortion every time I try to match a sample with something thats either to fast or to slow.

The keylock gets super stressed and I can hear pops and clicks in the sample.

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 6:55 pm
1. This is a new issue from V8.2
2. Sample BPM has no impact.
3. It looks to me it's an issue with sampler output level. If reduced gain - no crackles / pops
4. The crackles appear even if a deck is not playing , but gets worse when a deck is playing , like "total" output level dependent

I will try to record it

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 7:10 pm
Some new info:

I can get the same problem if playing two decks at Zero dB -3dB and boost LOW EQ or GAIN turned up.
My conclusion is that the limiter does not kick in before digital clipping occours.

So to sum up, this is not entirely related to sampler but for some reason the sampler showed this problem more evident than decks.
I have again verified that build 2857 does not have this problem and it has not.

Could I just have an answer why the sampler output is not affected by Zero dB setpoint ?

Latest finding: (EDIT)
Crackles only occour with WASAPI drivers and not Denon ASIO

Mensajes Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 7:34 pm
Anything new in this issue as I consider this is an important one as sound qualtity is compromised.

Mensajes Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 7:33 pm
Did you manage to record it yet?

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 9:05 am
Yes, where should I mail it ?

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 9:37 am
You're right, after checking the recording I can tell the crackles are not in the recording.

What does that tell ?

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 4:22 pm
It means the problem is not in the sound that vdj generates.

If it only happens with wasapi, there's some things that you can try:
-See what 'exclusiveAudioAccess' is set to. If it's set to yes, it means that either the device is not good for exclusive audio access or that the selected latency is too low.
Check on the Audio tab what the current latency is in samples (by hovering the mouse over the sound card name), then try to increase it by manually setting the 'latency' option.
If that doesn't work, try setting exclusiveAudioAccess to no.
-If it's already at no, it should be fine for most devices, but you could try if you get better results setting it to yes.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 4:28 pm
This has been fine for months.
Been running both Denon ASIO and WASAPI without any problem.
Also, build 2857 does not have this problem.

Setting exclusive option to no makes VDJ fail to initialize the connected MC6000 mk1. It must be set to yes to operate.
Latency is 576 samples (12.0 ms at 48kHz)

Those settings is exactly the same as in 2857 and does not cause problems. Latency exactly the same.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 4:55 pm
Did you try to restart vdj after changing exclusiveAudioAccess?

The only change I can think of is that exclusive mode is better supported, so it's possible that 2857 connected in shared mode even when exclusiveAudioAccess was set to yes.
(To check if that was the case, check the end of the audio line in 2857 to see what it says exactly)

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 5:02 pm
Yes , restarting VDJ does not help. It still cannot initialize the MC6000.

I don't fully understand "(To check if that was the case, check the end of the audio line in 2857 to see what it says exactly)" ?

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 5:07 pm
What is in the last column of the Audio config lines in 2857, and what does it tell in 8.2 when you hover over the sound card in audio config?

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 5:17 pm
The same thing: 48.0k 12.0ms

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 16 @ 5:55 pm
59%