Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Is anyone else having issues with content unlimited? - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I too have the same issue. I contacted support and they tried telling me that there is no issue and their catalogue changes from time to time. Are they freaking serious? They didnt even look into it? So rhe catalog suppliers decided to remove Calvin Harris, Rhianna, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson, ACDC, Neil Young and every other artist that is well known. Unreal!! To the naysayers that say not to rely on this, I paid for something and expect it to work and it does not and support is horrible

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:02 pm
How do I go back a build and go to 3398 which apparently works fine?

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djdavehoff13 wrote :
I too have the same issue. I contacted support and they tried telling me that there is no issue and their catalogue changes from time to time. Are they freaking serious? They didnt even look into it? So rhe catalog suppliers decided to remove Calvin Harris, Rhianna, Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson, ACDC, Neil Young and every other artist that is well known. Unreal!! To the naysayers that say not to rely on this, I paid for something and expect it to work and it does not and support is horrible

I'm afraid you must be doing something wrong:

Calvin Harris - Still available
Rhianna - Still available
Justin Timberlake - Still available
Michael Jackson - Still available
ACDC - Still available
Neil Young - Only one result, but this number hasn't reduced recently

Here are a couple of screenshots. Results are limited due to the non-specific nature of the search.

Here I plumbed in a more specific search and got plenty of results on a single track:

Just double check your CU search options are set correctly:

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:20 pm
djdavehoff13 wrote :
How do I go back a build and go to 3398 which apparently works fine?

You want to include the low quality unvalidated free Netsearch stuff?

Then you can download b3398 here: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:35 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
search is not working right song are not coming up,I will do a video soon to show what king of list of song I get.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:35 pm
AsTheDJ+ wrote :
search is not working right song are not coming up,I will do a video soon to show what king of list of song I get.

It would be great if you could do the same searches SBDJ listed just above, so the results can be compared

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 2:37 pm

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 3:14 pm
You've disproved your own problem in your own video.

When you searched CU for Adele, you got results. When you searched CU for a specific Adele song, you didn't. Clearly this means that song is not available in our CU catalog.

Then you went on to search your local library - unsure what that has to do with anything, since they are your own files and nothing to do with CU. They wouldn't have shown up in the initial searches because you focused your search on CU.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 3:24 pm
no that was the video Im making a play list for a wedding and the 1st thing I ck my log for the music and 8 out of 10 I have it .I Don't need CU music over cluttering of what I already have..

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 3:55 pm
But at the very start of the video you click on ContentUnlimited - thereby telling VDJ that you wish to restrict your searches to ContentUnlimited? It has always been this way, this hasn't changed recently.

It's only at 1:04 you actually search your own library, and when you do there are no CU results as you have local results. Had you not had local results, then you would have got CU results because that is how your search options are set.

I'm really not sure what you think your issue is?

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 4:01 pm
Sound good I ck my info thank you, is there 2nd video about CU about the breakdown how to search categories other then you can use CU djing,maybe under standing how and when will help us.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 4:15 pm

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 4:24 pm
Just had a request at my gig for an American artist I've never heard of .... Ted Nugent. Content Unlimited shows one song but Wiki says he's had all these albums. Spotify has literally hundreds of songs. Ain't exactly selling the Content Unlimited service to me!

This is totally random.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 5:47 pm
I search content unlimited in VDJ7.4.7 and VDJ8 Build 3420 and the results come back the same with all my searches. I do not have a subscription to CU so I can not say if things have changed as far as content. I would suspect, however, if the subscribers are all of a sudden complaining about a lack of content there are two things that could be the problem. 1: CU has drastically cut down on their content (in which case they should be renamed Content Limited) or 2: with the absence of Netsearch, the users thought that the extra content from Netsearch was coming from content unlimited.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 6:40 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just had a request at my gig for an American artist I've never heard of .... Ted Nugent. Content Unlimited shows one song but Wiki says he's had all these albums. Spotify has literally hundreds of songs. Ain't exactly selling the Content Unlimited service to me!

So you've not been sold the service based on the lack of provision of one artist you've never heard of?! You can't expect all services to contain all artists/tracks. Spotify may well have them, but it's not licensed for you to use, so it's kind of irrelevant. Every service is bound to have some kind of gap.

We are always working to expand the library where possible. It's an ongoing, complex, task.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 7:00 pm
I've not got any Ted Nugent tracks either - but then he's never had a single in the UK chart, and only had very limited album sales here (3 top 40 albums, 6 weeks in the album chart). Not exactly an essential artist for the collection!

Just tell the punter you don't have it. No harm done. It's what we used to do before all this internet stuff. :-)

What would have happened if you did have some and played it? Unless it's a room full of Ted Nugent fans, it would surely be lead balloon time.

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 9:53 pm
I have the same problem and I read the hole thing I just would like to know when it will be fixed apparently it is wanted . And I believe when I started paying for this service it came from net search content unlimited was was the over all package OK net search ,video,and karaoke. SO please fix thank you

Mensajes Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 11:51 pm
build 3409.1236 same issues here, seems like all of a sudden searches are very limited, cannot search as i did before, I know before i could share a youtube link in search bar and it would pick up link fine, now if i share any kind of youtube link in search bar, i cannot find any youtube video, i have audio unlimited, I would never be able to get video but i would always be able to get audio still, is the fix backtracking a few builds?

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:14 am
nevermind just finished reading everyone elses comments went back on builds and now everything is working fine, thanks again guys

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 5:51 am
maverick77014 wrote :
nevermind just finished reading everyone elses comments went back on builds and now everything is working fine, thanks again guys

Which build did you go back to so I can do the Sam

Mensajes Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 11:23 am
96%