DJ Patterns 8
Tema: DJ Patterns 8
Mensajes Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 2:08 pm
DJ Patterns is a simple tool that scans your playlists to show you what media (songs/videos) have followed what media.
Each media gets it's own top level in the tree, and all media played after that media are branched below. This is designed to allow the DJ to easily see what media they have historically used after the current. It gives you an easy way to see what may have worked for you previously and what you may have used too often. After all you don't want to get into a rut.
It includes the following media detail: (Only shown if there is data available)
- Parent Plays (the number of times played after the media above it)
- Author (aka artist)
- File (location of the media file)
- Length (The time length of the media)
- The playlists that this media was played on.
- Icon show musical notes for audio files
- Icon shows film strip for video files
- Search function, +Search Next (F3)
- Can add a folder full of playlists (CTRL+F)
- Can add one or more playlists (CTRL+P)
- Can drag and drop playlists or folders to tree to add them.
- When adding a folder the dialog defaults to the VDJ "Tracklisting" folder. You can select a different folder of course.
- Media details are pulled from the VDJ Database XML file, not MP3 tags, etc.
- Playlist selection dialog starts when application starts. This means that there are two less clicks to start the process)
- The check for unused can be stopped and restarted. DJ Patterns checks for duplicates to avoid double listing an unused media.
- "Search Next" allowing the user to look for the next instance of a search
- Media details now includes Gain, Key and Comments.
- Media details are only show if there is data. For example: If there are comments but not Gain information the comments will be displayed, but not the Gain. (obviously). I rethought showing "N/a" when there was no information but this seemed unnessasary and distracting.
- Option to display Unused media. Be aware that use of this function can take some time! It is an option that comes up at the end of the initial scan, so you can avoid using it. It is also available from the file menu.
Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 7:27 am
Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 7:51 am
After a while of thinking, I'm not even sure if it is usefull if it does.
Mensajes Tue 18 Oct 16 @ 1:00 pm
Mine takes forever to load and scan, and is a little slow expanding the tracks inside the browser tree.
Wish there was a way to make this part of VDJ and show inside the program in the side window, etc
Thanks again for taking the time to make this work!
Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 16 @ 11:26 am
That is how the programm works.
It gets slower the more files you have.
I tried and played around with the code to get it faster, but the current design of the programm makes it difficult to get a clean solution.
It would be better to completely rewritte it from scratch, because the used libraries are outdated too.
But I do not really have time, nor a good design idea atm.
Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 8:58 am
Thanks again, certainly getting my money's worth with this addon! :D
Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 16 @ 9:27 pm
Mensajes Mon 13 Feb 17 @ 8:58 pm
It opens, it scans, and it scans forever. I think I left it over an hour and still nothing.
In the task manager it shows as "not responding" and seems to eat resources.
Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 17 @ 9:39 am
Mensajes Fri 05 May 17 @ 9:44 am
I'm not entirely sure how to transfer or copy this to another machine. I have no problem moving VDJ and it's database and history, but DJ Patterns doesn't seem to pick up the history.
What am I missing?
Mensajes Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 12:46 pm
What exactly is the problem you are having?
Mensajes 2 days ago @ 8:07 am