AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Install it but don see it ?mac

Mensajes Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 3:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's A pad page

Mensajes Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 4:07 pm
Dub Loop, what is it?

Dub loop puts the echo audio fx on to your pads, it is not an easy effect to use and takes practice.

Pad 1 Is "capture" if feeds to loop by turning the echo fx on,
while pressed it sets the strength to zero
on release it set's the strength to 100% so you get a locked echo loop.
pads 2 - 8 set the length of the echo loop to 1/8-8 beats

Shift pad 1 is also capture
Shift pad 2 turns the echo fx off but leaves the strength at it's current position [this button won't be used too much]
Shift pad 3 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 100% [again this button is for more advance use]
Shift pad 4 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 0% , this is your bale out button
Shift pad 5 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 99% this will let your loop fade out slowly
Shift pad 6 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 90% this will let your loop fade out a bit quicker
Shift pad 7 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 70% this will let your loop fade out quite quickly
Shift pad 8 turns the echo fx off and sets the strength to 50% this will let your loop fade out very quickly

Example of use;
Bring up the pad page with a track playing,
press pad 8 so the length is set to 8 beats
press and hold pad 1 for 8 beats, then release, you now have a locked loop
quickly press pads for the short length settings and then press pad 8 again, listen to how you have changed to loop,
press and hold pad 1 for a short time and see how you've fed new sounds into the loop.

Practice and get a feel for the right time to change the loop length and if you mess up when to feed into the loop.
With practice [and it does take practice] you'll end up with something that sounds good
now use one of shift pads 5-8 to decay the loop and listen to the transition from all loop, to loop and track and how it fades to just track.

This is something that takes practice

Mensajes Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 5:04 pm
Another example of use less frantic
With trailing set to on.
Coming to a 4 beat fill, set length to 4 beats hold capture for the 4 beats, once captured lift capture and press shiftpad 6 your fill will echo and decay alongside your track continuing to play.

This works well with short lengths and symbol crashes too.

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 4:36 am
Small improvement pending

Shiftpad 1 will while pressed turn the echo on and strength to 0 on release increases the strength to 90% and turns the echo off for a clean fading echo

If you don't want to wait for the update then add this script to shiftpad 1
effect_active 'echo' off  & effect_slider 'echo' 1 0.9 & effect_active 'echo' on while_pressed & effect_slider 'echo' 1 0 while_pressed

Mensajes Sat 12 Nov 16 @ 1:09 am
Updated with shiftpad 1 improvement.

Mensajes Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 4:39 pm
I've downloaded and installed it but it doesn't show up (I use a Mac) I can see other people have had the same problem as me

Mensajes Fri 12 May 17 @ 7:55 am
I can't test that as I don't have a mac, is the .xml file installed in the pads folder?

Mensajes Fri 12 May 17 @ 2:08 pm
Hola me gustaría que me auxiliaran en saber o explicarme como se instalan y se empiezan a usar lo siento soy nuevo en esto por favor

gracias...

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 17 @ 6:02 am