Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: first time setting up a digital rig, need help - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BokzerPRO InfinityMember since 2016
tried to post a screen shot taken by my phone but my phone wouldnt let me post it

essentially its: external mixer, internal soundcard & timecode

Mensajes Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 1:25 am
What are the input & output channels set to?
In my screenshot they are 2-3 & 4-5
Should be 1-2 & 3-4 for you I guess.

Can't you just do a screenshot in windows?

Mensajes Tue 25 Oct 16 @ 8:51 am
k so figured out screen shots on this damn win10 pc. the following pics are my options while mixer & cdjs are turned on

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:18 am

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 3:19 am
I think, & I'm just geussing here that you need to select the xone for all options instead of the wasapi to get best sound.
Then I would play with the channels. I would try the same setting for deck 1 as for timecode 1.
See if then 1 timecode works.
Since I really don't have the time, have you tried getting in contact with support?

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 6:25 am
the high definition setting is what i use when its just via the headphone jack.
i usually have it set to xone asio for all.

this was just to show you what options i have
& no, tho i do have tickets to allen & heath & had one in pioneer but they had no clue

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 7:45 am
Try the virtual dj support, right top site off the forum.
A search bar comes up, do a search & then you get the option to make a support case.
They helped me out tons off times, always friendly too & knowledgable ppl.
Not sure if you can be on when the chat is open but that's what I usually use.
They even took over with teamviewer to fix my issue

Mensajes Wed 26 Oct 16 @ 8:33 am
i sent in a ticket last night, still waiting for a reply. couldnt do an offline ticket as my subscription ended (til after work 2moro)

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 2:21 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 6:16 am
i think i may return the mixer & just get a pioneer controller to play with, wish A&H would have just told me this when i sent them a message instead of sending in circles..

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 7:30 am
I already pointed the jumper part out, thing that I'm not sure about is the fact they talk about dvs only wich is phono amp level..
It's also why I recommended making a support case, once we are sure the setup in VDJ is correct, this is the only thing left that it could be.

Man, Am I happy that I have an oldskool mixer with an audio6

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 8:25 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
I already pointed the jumper part out, thing that I'm not sure about is the fact they talk about dvs only wich is phono amp level..
It's also why I recommended making a support case, once we are sure the setup in VDJ is correct, this is the only thing left that it could be.

If it wasn't for the fact that he rents a mixer, I would've suggested to just get an external soundcard. On the otherhand.. effects are always nice to play with, something I seem to miss now & then.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 8:27 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
dasouth2004 wrote :

If it wasn't for the fact that he rents a mixer, I would've suggested to just get an external soundcard. On the otherhand.. effects are always nice to play with, something I seem to miss now & then.

I also have the audio6 running timecode with CDJ-1000's. I use the third channel for VDJ effects into a third channel on my DJM-6000. I get the DJM effects and the VDJ effects this way.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 16 @ 3:58 pm
so once i opened it, i figured out the problem... there is no cable for the soundcard... yupp whomever had it before me jacked it! so im going in 2moro & either getting that cable or something different.... fawk me

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 2:07 am
You could also use your existing CDJ's and mixer with a proper multi channel sound card.
An example would be the NI Audio 6, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Native-Instruments/TRAKTOR-AUDIO-6-DJ-Controller.gc. You can find used ones for a little over $100 if you shop around. I bought mine used about 3 years ago. It came with Tracktor timecodes, manual, interface, etc. Some places, like guitar center, have a standard warranty on used gear that can be expanded.

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 4:38 pm
True & I bought mine 2nd hand for 75 euro.
Did have to solder a nex usb port on it after 2 months or so, point is, you would still need a mixer

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 6:21 pm
i have a mixer, nothing fancy (Behringer) but can bash it around. tho i now have a Numark ns6 controller ( til i can buy myself something better)

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 11:03 pm
soooooo I had to return the ns6 controller as it shocked me & continued to randomly short.. would quickly pause song during zapping sound (that could be heard over the speakers). so im back looking for an interface. im done dealing with the rental company i was dealing with.. so frustrated!

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 1:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)