Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Virtual DJ sluggish with HDMI output

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,
I have been having this problem for some time with VDJ 8. First it was my laptop with Nvidia 350 M graphics.
In the club where i have been playing for 5 years i output the video from the vga port and all is good and supper smooth. In another club i started playing recently, i output the video through hdmi and there the problem started.
While playing audio only the skin fps are always in the 30 fps but as soon as i enable the video, it dips to 22 fps and the program becomes sluggish. the audio is not affected and play normally. I opened a thread here and someone said that the gtx 350 M is slow for virtual dj and i accepted this.
Last week we bought a new pc desktop for the same club with very high specs: i7 6700 , 16gb ram , ssd, nvidia gtx 1060, asus gaming motherboard and to my surprise the same thing happened again. as soon as i enable video, fps drops to 22-23 fps, waveforms are choppy , and the response is sluggish.

Any idea why outputting video through hdmi port makes virtual dj behaves like that,

Thank you

Mensajes Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 7:43 am
I don't know why this is happening, but will ask a few questions. I assume Win 10? What skin are you using? What is your soundcard settings? What are you connecting the HDMI to? Is this the same HDMI cable or a different one?

You have changed the machine, so it's not that. I don't optimize my machines, but maybe that's an option for you. What happens if you go from the computer directly to a TV via HDMI? I just assume you are going to some kind of splitter.

Mensajes Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 6:45 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I don't know why this is happening, but will ask a few questions. I assume Win 10? What skin are you using? What is your soundcard settings? What are you connecting the HDMI to? Is this the same HDMI cable or a different one?

You have changed the machine, so it's not that. I don't optimize my machines, but maybe that's an option for you. What happens if you go from the computer directly to a TV via HDMI? I just assume you are going to some kind of splitter.

I am using Windows 7 pro, sound card is the sound card of DJM 900 NXS with default settings.
HDMI is a connected to a converter box HDMI to RCA . I haven't tried connecting directly to a TV.
So you're suggesting it is the Converter Box???

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 9:03 am
I don't have any clue to tell you about the way you have it setup and how HDMI being converted to RCA but, why not try this:

If the output anyway is an RCA, why not just use the VGA to RCA instead of HDMI to RCA ?

I the PC don't have (secondary) VGA but have DVI, get one of the DVI to VGA dongle.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 4:51 pm
Converters have a nasty way of working today and not tomorrow. If you try it to a TV, and it works, you know it's the converter. If it doesn't work, then you try something else. It may be your video settings. I have not used Win 7 on a gig machine in quite a while, so don't know if this is an issue or not.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 11:11 pm
The Magic.DJ wrote :
I don't have any clue to tell you about the way you have it setup and how HDMI being converted to RCA but, why not try this:

If the output anyway is an RCA, why not just use the VGA to RCA instead of HDMI to RCA ?

I the PC don't have (secondary) VGA but have DVI, get one of the DVI to VGA dongle.

I am using a GTX 1060 and the outputs i have is 2 hdmi and 2 display port. No VGA or DVI

Mensajes Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 8:40 am
Hi, I have the same problem with the HDMI. I went back to 8.1 and videos are ok for 2-3 hours, then start choking. VDJ 7 plays the same videos without any problem

Mensajes Tue 29 Nov 16 @ 4:00 pm
The only thing that helped me with this was two things, and this is after trying everything and driving myself crazy:

In VDJ's settings, search under "video" and make sure "Use DVXA" is checked to NO. If it's on yes, you will lag like crazy, no matter how awesome and specd out your laptop is.

Second, if that also fails, you have to uninstall and reinstall VDJ. I have had to reinstall twice over the past 2 years. With all the updates, etc., and playing HQ videos for hours at a time for all my gigs, this is finally the solution to all my lagging problems. Doesn't matter what controller, what cables, what system you use-if it didn't lag before and it does now, check the advice above.

Hope this helps!

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 4:25 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)