Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Remix decks - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Locodog express to me that achieving something like traktors remix decks is a skin thing. So I was wondering who would like to tackle this feature. I know nothin about making skins, but im sure a skin built like that would be very popular.

Mensajes Thu 24 Nov 16 @ 9:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It is a skin thing, sure but it would be hugely complex to make, IF all the control was mouse and skin
if you had a akai apc then you'd stand a chance but for mouse and skin...

It's just to big a task to be done for free, and even if you paid someone you'd have to know the basics of skinning and the script tricks you'd have to use just to instruct the skinner exactly what you want.

until there's either a second sampler or you can route one half of the sampler to deck 3 and the other half to deck 4, it remains as a possible but extremely unlikely.

I think you should try imagine what would be needed and pretty quickly you'd figure it's too big a project and that would be without even writing a line of code.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 7:25 am
In my opinion, it'd make sense to utilise the 99 deck capabilities that have pretty much been ignored by skinners (and Atomix) to provide "remix decks" rather than involve the sampler. The sampler (although in certain ways better than the VDJ 7 sampler) just doesn't have the functionality.

By using decks you can have waveforms, pitch control, key control, volume that doesn't reset, EQ, FX and so on.

The main inconvenience is not being able to have decks loop a sample when one is loaded, and switch between "one shot" and loop modes.

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 2:29 pm
i think the problem is standard decks do not have the abilities of the sampler.

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 2:57 pm
Which abilities specifically?

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 4:04 pm
I was going to leave this thread, I don't think there's anything that the sampler can do that a deck can't, the deck might need some tricky script to do some stuff but it can be done, looking the other way there's a huge amount the sampler can't do that a deck can.

btw I've got a plugin that remembers sample group volumes, seems nobody wanted to test it.

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 16 @ 4:10 pm
I never said free, also it would probably be the most popular skin ever if done, if its possible.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 8:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
groovindj wrote :
The main inconvenience is not being able to have decks loop a sample when one is loaded, and switch between "one shot" and loop modes.

What about repeat_song?

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 2:20 pm
ISTR trying that in the past (someone else mentioned it) but finding that it didn't give a clean seamless loop.

Besides, that's not really a loop - is it? I assume it just starts the track (sample) again rather than assigning loop in & out points and cycling the sample in sync with the CBG.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 6:03 pm
when there is compatibility for 99 decks is loop possible for the 99 decks just like the main 2 decks?

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 7:44 pm
yeah it's just another deck, visible or not

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 7:45 pm
Ok i was thinking just 4 slots, that can be loop and 1 shot per deck...so deck 3 and 4 could be remix decks or regular decks. So would that mean deck3 would have 4 slots and deck 4 would have 4 slots

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 10:53 pm
traktor has 4 groups per remix deck and up to 16 slots per group, 99 decks can't cover that, 4* 10 would mean using 80 decks for holding samples, + 2 for remix deck master control [1 per remix deck] then of course you'll need decks 1 & 2, so 84 decks in total.

sample decks in the same group of the same remix deck would have to have a common volume control.
deck 3 volume would have to control the volume fx for the 40 sample decks, same for deck 4, - eqs linked, filters linked too

then there's play control for groups, and the quantized start, - there's probably more but I'm not interested, I've got xml's to figure out.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 11:49 pm
something tells me you would need a ton of memory to load 80 tracks at the same time

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 16 @ 11:58 pm
maybe not as true as you think,
we're talking about loops not entire few minute tracks, I've a sample bank with 50 odd .wav's [4 to 16 beats] and the total size is only 40MB. My 3GB of memory can hack that much.

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 16 @ 12:42 am
locodog wrote :
traktor has 4 groups per remix deck and up to 16 slots per group, 99 decks can't cover that, 4* 10 would mean using 80 decks for holding samples, + 2 for remix deck master control [1 per remix deck] then of course you'll need decks 1 & 2, so 84 decks in total.

sample decks in the same group of the same remix deck would have to have a common volume control.
deck 3 volume would have to control the volume fx for the 40 sample decks, same for deck 4, - eqs linked, filters linked too

then there's play control for groups, and the quantized start, - there's probably more but I'm not interested, I've got xml's to figure out.

Im not even thinking that deep. I looking at 8 slots per bank, so it can exist with the 8 pads. So lets say deck 3 has 1 group of 8 phrase slots with all the controls you mentioned plus timcode/jogwheel control. Also, using loops and complete tracks(ex:instrumental). Also being able to save and recall phrase banks.

Mensajes Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 6:33 pm
JMF and I are trying to tackle this function, as we work this hopefully we can get some help along the way to impement correctly.

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 4:47 am
!st demo, gotta fix browser bug and change the button a little. Gonna add a pad page to handle the commands

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 6:56 am
looks great.

have you figured out a way to get groups of samples to load to the decks with one click?

or is that all manual?

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 1:01 pm
wickedmix wrote :
looks great.

have you figured out a way to get groups of samples to load to the decks with one click?

or is that all manual?

working on this, theres a lot to work out. Im trying to work on a pad page also. to be able to trigger the minidecks

Mensajes Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 1:04 pm
28%