Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Country Music Set List - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

btoddePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I DJ every weekend and I rarely play country music. However, lately, I have been asked to play more and more country. More newer. So I get online to find a good play list, but I have no idea what is good to play or what is not... Would anyone be willing share a play list of about 5-6 hours of a good mix of old and new country music?

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 8:03 pm

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 8:13 pm
I could post my history/tracklistings with VDJ going back to 2006 but that honestly wouldn't help that much.
the thing is that every area and demographic has different tastes in what they like within that genre. and that area could be as different as one 1,000 miles away, 100 miles away, or even just across town - this problem is compounded by the country crowd having a more traditional mind-set when it comes to their music tastes. if I posted a list of things I've been playing here and you played it you'd find out fairly quickly that the crowd I play for is VERY different than the rest of the world - things that would never get national airplay are floor fillers, and a whole lot of country top 40 that's out there would empty my floor.
playing the standards is iffy too: your crowd's demographics should and will determine what you play and will give an idea of what they'll like but at the same time it won't be set in stone. I've had nights where we had a HUGE group of people from out of town and they wouldn't dance to almost anything I played that was a guaranteed floor filler.
the advice I've given to other guys on here in the past is the same: do your homework, find out what they like, what they've been listening to the last 5 years or so, read your crowd and get a feel for your demographics, and definitely take requests but DON'T take them to be holy writ as to what the general crowd wants because then the personal tastes of the person making the request could be a complete 180 of what the rest of them want.

Mensajes Tue 17 Jan 17 @ 8:52 pm
btoddePRO InfinityMember since 2011
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
So you want someone else to do the leg work for you??

I'm sure if you googled the top 100 country hits of the years past you'll be fine......

Example,

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2015/hot-country-songs

No Sir. I didnt want anyone to do the leg work. I was just asking if you had playlist set if you could copy and paste it. I have looked through several country music billboards. However, I did reach out to a follow country music DJ and I have arranged about 4 hours of country music lined up... Thanks

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 17 @ 4:05 pm
It's not a bad question and you did not come off sounding like a troll or lazy. One suggestion is to check out some of the local bars and look at their touch tunes juke boxes under "popular" -- gives you an idea of what people in your area are liking.

Mensajes Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 3:36 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
I could post my history/tracklistings with VDJ going back to 2006 but that honestly wouldn't help that much.
the thing is that every area and demographic has different tastes in what they like within that genre. and that area could be as different as one 1,000 miles away, 100 miles away, or even just across town - this problem is compounded by the country crowd having a more traditional mind-set when it comes to their music tastes. if I posted a list of things I've been playing here and you played it you'd find out fairly quickly that the crowd I play for is VERY different than the rest of the world - things that would never get national airplay are floor fillers, and a whole lot of country top 40 that's out there would empty my floor.
playing the standards is iffy too: your crowd's demographics should and will determine what you play and will give an idea of what they'll like but at the same time it won't be set in stone. I've had nights where we had a HUGE group of people from out of town and they wouldn't dance to almost anything I played that was a guaranteed floor filler.
the advice I've given to other guys on here in the past is the same: do your homework, find out what they like, what they've been listening to the last 5 years or so, read your crowd and get a feel for your demographics, and definitely take requests but DON'T take them to be holy writ as to what the general crowd wants because then the personal tastes of the person making the request could be a complete 180 of what the rest of them want.
what he said^^^

Mensajes Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 5:00 am
how can I make a list of all the songs so I can make it into a word or excel file ?

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 4:55 pm
Put all your tracks in a playlist and then export that with VDJ.....

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 6:56 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
how can I make a list of all the songs so I can make it into a word or excel file ?

Mensajes Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 9:20 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You don't have to create a playlist.

Just search for * (asterisk). That will show you all tracks.
Now use the browser view export function to export the tracks to html or csv.

Mensajes Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 11:38 am
Please stay on topic.

Mensajes Tue 31 Jan 17 @ 7:40 pm
Any news about this topic ?

I also search for the ultimative top country titles that everybody knows very well.

If i ask google i got all country titles from 1950 or so, but i do not need this old things as the quality is to bad.

I search for best titles like "Sweet Home Alabama" or "Willie Nelson - Allways on my mind (formerly from Elvis Presley)", "The gambler", "country roads" ...

//lindwurm

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 1:07 pm
You say you don't want old songs, then you list..........old songs!

So what years are acceptable for you? Surely you can Google for "modern country songs" or "country songs from the 90s" etc.

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 4:43 pm
groovindj wrote :
You say you don't want old songs, then you list..........old songs!

So what years are acceptable for you? Surely you can Google for "modern country songs" or "country songs from the 90s" etc.

Hm, you are right, i wanted to have the ultimative best and wellknown songs.
With old i mean the songs like jolene where you can hear the crackles in the song.

It is not so easy to find what i am searching for :-)

//lindwurm

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 8:36 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dj-lindwurm wrote :
where you can hear the crackles in the song.

Depending on the song, this can be desirable. I did an 80th birthday party a few years back. While I am familiar with big band and swing, I definitely did not have a lot in my collection. I had to rip a few vinyl's to get the tracks I wanted.
The "birthday boy" and others from that generation as well as their kids that grew up with it ate it up. The crackles and pops brought memories back for them.
Remember, vinyl sales are up, people dig it.

This is where it gets to "What crowd are you playing for?"
If it's a modern crowd, check out the country station's website in that area. See what they are playing. Pay attention to the age group of the people you are playing for. Find music that was hot for them.

Go to a country club and check out what everyone is line dancing to. Who know, you may even have fun while researching for work.

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 11:31 pm
Go to a country club and check out what everyone is line dancing to. Who know, you may even have fun while researching for work.

that is exactly the opposite of what you want to play tho. dancing where people are touching and actually engaged with each other as opposed to moving around like robots doing close order drill does more good than watching the same groups of people doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over.

the songs to play are the ones that get couples dancing together. couples or couples that you make by playing music are more liable to be repeat customers and leave with a good feeling at the end of the night

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 12:57 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My comment was more towards getting out and experiencing what people are into. Not necessarily line dancing, lol.
Group dancing is good for mixed ages/backgrounds. It can also be a good way to fill up a floor and get it going. (Cupid Shuffle, etc.)

Both types of songs have there place. Again, back to getting out and watching your crowd.
I do more private events then club/bar. The crowd is different as I'm sure you know.
However, I am moving in September to an area where the bar/club scene is much more active. I may get more into that type of event.

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 2:11 am
wildcountryclub wrote :

the songs to play are the ones that get couples dancing together

This would be an very good idea, i will search for line dance songs.

Unfortunatly we do not have a country club around my area here ...

//lindwurm

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 1:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
dj-lindwurm wrote :
wildcountryclub wrote :

the songs to play are the ones that get couples dancing together

Unfortunatly we do not have a country club around my area here ...

I would say luckily :p

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 2:46 pm
djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey,

Here are a few songs and/or artists that I have gotten requests for lately. As other people have said, tastes in country music vary from place to place.

Kenny Chesney - Get Along Don't Blink The Good Stuff
Kenny Roger - The Gambler
Clint Black - Nothin But the Tail Lights
Lady Antebellum - Bartender Heart Break Need You Now I Run to You Downtown
Martina McBride - Concrete Angel Independence Day I’m Gonna Love You Through It
Toby Keith - How Do You Like Me Now Red Solo Cup Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue I Love This Bar
Tracy Adkins - Honky Tonk Badonkbedonk Every Light in the House Is On You're Gonna Miss This
Brantley Gilbert - The Weekend The Ones That Like Me One Hell of an Amen More Than Miles
Miranda Lambert - Fastest Girl in Town Pink Sunglasses Tin Man The House That Built Me
FL GA line - Smooth Get Your Shine On Meant to Be This is How We Roll Cruise May We All
Cole Swindell - Chillin It Flatliner Break Up in the End
Josh Abbott band - Texas Women, Tennesse Whiskey She's Like Texas I'll Sing About Mine
Thomas Rhett - Crash and Burn T-shirt Marry Me Life Changes Leave Right Now When You Look Like
Chris Stapleton - Millionaire Broken Halos Tennessee Whisky
Jason Andean - Big Green Tractor My Kinda Party Lights Come On You Make it Easy Rearview Town Burnin it Down Dirt Road Anthem She's Country
Luke Bryan - What Makes You Country Move

Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean
You make it Easy by Jason Aldean
Criminal by Lindsay ell
Love me like you mean it by Kelsea ballerini
How Country Feels by Randy Houser
The Long Way Around by Brett Eldredge
In case you didn't know by Brett Young
Mercy by Brett Young
Heartache on the Dance Floor by Jon Pardi
Lights come on by Jason Aldean
Do I by Luke Bryan