Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Playlist Order Number - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ BillyT-2 wrote :
at the end of a gig I save the playlist as "Playlist-AS PLAYED"

I assume you're doing this in Mixvibes Cross DJ or Mixxx then?

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:15 pm
I assume you're doing this in Mixvibes Cross DJ or Mixxx then?

Yes I am..

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:20 pm
In VDJ, can you not make use of the User1 or User2 fields to display numbers?

I've just tried it and I can sort by other columns, then click User1 and they go straight back into numerical order.

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:23 pm
I can use the User 1 and User 2 fields, but I have to edit each song to make it a unique number. Would be a lot better if that Field was changed to Track # and when you create a playlist that Track # is automatically created and unique to the Location of that song within that Playlist only, not to the song itself.

I don't want to create a unique number for the song itself. I want to automatically create a unique number for the song in it's current Playlist, otherwise I would just change the song titles starting with 001 Song Title, 002 Song Title, 003 Song Title, etc. That would be a lot of work and in the end not very efficient. That's what computers and programs do, IMO...

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 3:59 pm
Understood.

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 17 @ 4:22 pm
So you manually order the playlist for the dinner hour how you want it and what plays after each song..... now you save that under the playlist file. now if you open up thast playlist is is all jumbled and not in order how the hell can i fix that.... its really driving me nuts... any suggestions.

Make a playlist in order save it, but when you re open playlist its in a random order every Dang Time...... Please help?

Mensajes Sat 19 Aug 17 @ 11:12 pm
You can do this in iTunes and it will keep the order you want

Mensajes Tue 07 Nov 17 @ 10:36 pm
tonys party time wrote :

So I'm supposed to use 3rd party software for what VDJ should already do? Interesting concept.

Mensajes Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 6:33 pm
This is how I am seeing it.

Automix has it's own sort order which is different than a playlist sort order. When you change the sort order in automix (manually or by field) that becomes the new reset sort order for Automix next time you run VDJ.

When you change the sort order for a playlist, that is only remembered if you do it manually and not by field. When you load a playlist into Automix (not by dragging and dropping by with right click etc.) then automix will pick up the sort order of the playlist as you last edited it. The automix sort order has nothing to do with the playlist and you must add songs to the playlist, edit the playlist, etc. for your order to take effect. You don't have to manually save the playlist each time as long as autosave is on. But you have to be editing the playlist itself and not in automix.

I think that is correct anyway. I did expect to be able to just drag a playlist over to automix but then you are not in automix :) but in playlist mode or whatever.

Mensajes Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 9:51 pm
This would be a great feature!!! Almost like creating a billboard top 10 playlist - the songs come from multiple places so you can't use track numbers. I have played around with it too and it ends up resorting all the time by artist or title etc I want to be able to know which one is number 1

Mensajes Sun 03 Jun 18 @ 10:13 pm
the only way i can get a playlist to go back to the way i wanted it is to load it in automix - how can you view it in the browser in the order created or the order you saved it

Mensajes Sun 03 Jun 18 @ 10:39 pm

Mensajes Sun 03 Jun 18 @ 11:05 pm
Dunno why some people are having problems with playlists, I use them extensively updating them every week and have done for years.

I originally created, several years ago, two playlists of the BBC Top 40 Singles Chart and Dance Chart. Each week I load the Top 40 Singles Chart playlist into the Automix on VDJ (right click on the playlist in the file list window). I then open a page on the BBC website and rearrange the playlist in the Automix window into the current Chart order then save the playlist. I also do the same for the Dance Chart playlist.

After that, I can then click on the playlist in the file list window and get the current Chart or Dance Top 40 in the correct order displayed in the centre browser window.

Below is the BBC Top 40 for Friday 25th May. The centre panel is the Dance Chart, the right Automix panel is the Singles Chart in the order they were created (I manually create and save the playlists);

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 1:05 am
ok figured out the problem - reset sort order doesn't always work

and i just went to some playlists and reset sort order is not even listed on the dropdown menu

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 3:47 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If it's not listed it's in the reset order.

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 3:57 am
panrasControlleristMember since 2010
tonys party time wrote :

When you try to do this with i-tunes, the songs don't even play. I have to click on each and every song to search it in the location on my hard drive to get it to play

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 3:16 pm
panrasControlleristMember since 2010
Any solutions to this? I seeing the only way to get this correct is to do it withing i-tunes, then again, the songs don't play cuz i frequently change folders which has me going to the hard drive to load songs. grrrrr.. i'm seeing the only solution is to load each song that dosen't play from the i-tunes folder from my hard drive in order for it to work out. hopefully you have gotten a better solution

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 3:19 pm
panras wrote :
Any solutions to this? I seeing the only way to get this correct is to do it withing i-tunes, then again, the songs don't play cuz i frequently change folders which has me going to the hard drive to load songs. grrrrr.. i'm seeing the only solution is to load each song that dosen't play from the i-tunes folder from my hard drive in order for it to work out. hopefully you have gotten a better solution

Forget iTunes. See it as a downloadingbtool only. You need to work on your Lubrary management. And stop moving your track files. Use all the library management tools in VDJ instead

Mensajes Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 4:14 pm
shopPRO InfinityMember since 2014
PLEASE TRY THIS. When you click on your playlist, it shows up in the center window sorted (mine is by title). BUT, go back to your list of playlists and RIGHT CLICK on the playlist name, and select LOAD IN AUTOMIX. The playlist should appear in your AutoMix list in the saved order. Then let me know if this solved your issue.

Mensajes Sat 19 Jan 19 @ 7:52 am
headache............ i have created virtual folder already with ma songs i cant go all over to in itunes sigh i have tried user 1 column manually putting in the number but that does not stay cant vdj just build a column for this so WE can just move up or down to put our songs in order and allow a library protection after all of this ...........serato as this already why cant VDJ

Mensajes Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 5:17 am
78%