Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Discogs

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

so the new early release says

-Allow discogs for batch downloading of track info

just cant find it to use it?

is this a scripting thing or is it on some menu. can't seem to find it.

thanks.

Mensajes Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 12:41 am
Adion wrote :
Select multiple tracks without year or genre info, open tag editor, use the dot next to file name and you should see the option to update info from discogs.

Only if there are missing infos like no genre...

Mensajes Sat 01 Jul 17 @ 10:07 am
Been waiting for the batch version of discogs.

Have done all my playlists (about 100) for now as they will be the tunes mostly used. Works well.

Will tackle the rest of my databases later.

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 1:51 am
Yes I'm loving this feature as well, it's a welcome addition.

Thanks team!

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 17 @ 5:02 pm
maybe that why i couldn't make it work if it only does year and genre

aaah well i thought it may fill in more then that.

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 1:47 pm
What else are you looking for??

Mensajes Mon 03 Jul 17 @ 2:25 pm
i just thought it would fill in what ever i was missing.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jul 17 @ 11:03 pm
Filling in the year was really all I needed, so it's perfect for my needs. The genre really only works if suits what you feel it is. For example, bands l8ke discharge, crass, sex pistols, souxsie and the banshees comes up as Alternative or power pop or indie. I reclassify those as punk which is an easy task to do. Like I said as long as the year is correct I'm happy

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 10:40 am
I'm wondering how reliable the year info would be...

For instance, a track could be from a UK artist, and therefore probably released in the UK before other territories. When VDJ fetches the Discogs data, does it check which country you're running VDJ in, then look for the release date in that country?

If I'm in the UK and downloading Discogs info via VDJ for a US artist, will it be the US release date or the UK one?

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 6:00 pm
I've also noticed it can sometimes take the year from the time the track appeared on a compilation album of no original year is in the Discogs database.

It's probably fine for those who don't have year info and want to populate their DB en masse but I wouldn't rely on it.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 6:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It will look for the oldest release in the top results to try and find the first release date.

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 7:12 pm

Mensajes Wed 05 Jul 17 @ 9:05 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
The option: "Fill missing info from Discogs" is not reading the year correctly from an album that came out a few months ago. I am referring to album "Shannon K - Perpetual. After I ran it displayed year other than 2017.

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 12:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 17 @ 9:56 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)