Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Recording Quality Issues - VDJ8, Numark Mixtrack Pro 3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

I'm having some problems with recording my mixes. I'm finding I'm losing a dramatic amount of quality when recording - my sound files are good, all wavs ripped from CDs, and I think I have everything set to achieve decent recordings in VDJ, but that doesn't seem to be enough. My problem is I'm losing volume and depth/richness (no clipping/gaps/etc.). I've recorded files in both FLAC and WAV and tested them against the file I was recording from. There is an obvious difference in quality and the waveforms don't match up in Audacity (which I've been told is the best way to tell "on paper" that the quality is different). I've recorded through my computer soundcard and through my controller soundcard, and I get the same results.

So, what might the problem be and what can I do? Is it a matter of my computer specs, the program, my controller? I'm new to this, so anything is a big help.

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 1:09 am
Updated: I've checked my recordings in Spek and it looks like they're at or below the 256kbps level, despite being recorded in WAV or FLAC off of 1141kbps soundfiles. Something isn't right here, and I'm not able to find a solution or reach anyone who can help me out. Any information helps. Thanks

Mensajes Wed 13 Sep 17 @ 9:41 pm
Maybe your cd rips are being encoded at 256kbps quality? or the originals are of low quality or maybe they just do not have a extensive dynamic range?
what are the quality of the files you are mixing with and do they come from a reputable source .........

quality in = quality out.

Don't expect YouTube rips to suddenly become excellent quality recordings after VDJ processes them :-)

maybe some recordings of the original file and how it sounds out of VDJ would help someone of importance take a look at the issue
good luck.

here are my setting that produce excellent quality

Mensajes Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 12:30 am
I'm facing the same problem.
i'have have changed the recordBirtDepth from 16 bit to 24 bit, as wickedmix said.It helped, but not much.

Mensajes Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 4:51 pm
mighty pinch wrote :
I'm facing the same problem.
i'have have changed the recordBirtDepth from 16 bit to 24 bit, as wickedmix said.It helped, but not much.

without a recording nobody will understand the issue

Mensajes Thu 14 Sep 17 @ 7:31 pm
I've been having the same problem. I'm purely a hobbyist when it comes to mixing and recording but suddenly with the new version of VirtualDJ, all my recordings began sounding like they were being played through a rusty tin can at the bottom of the ocean. I believe I just figured out how to solve the issue though. (I'm using the Mac version, by the way). Within Options, under the Audio section, where it says ExclusiveAudioaccess, select YES. That just gave me an instant improvement of extraordinary magnitude. My theory is that with all the features in the new version consuming so much processing power, the program needs exclusive access to the hardware's audio signal processing in order to generate quality output. I'm not a techy either, so this is all speculation on my part. REGARDLESS, it worked, and I suggest you give it a shot. Good luck.

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 1:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Strange that it would work, because this option has no effect on mac. It's only used for wasapi on windows

Mensajes Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 3:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)