Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Timecode Pitch Response - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello I have mentioned this on another topic, " the only way to have a serato like pitch response is setting the "pitch quality" to -2, then you can can move the pitch on the turntable or cdj, and have that instant pitch drift in sound when doing quick pitch drifts from -8% to 0% to +8% or more,...but then we wont have master tempo/keylock.
the response in serato in sound and BPM% is like instant, VDJ8 takes like a second with pitch 2 or 3, if set to 0 is better but takes more CPU, pitch quality set to -1 or -2 instant pitch drifts but no keylock/master tempo."
here is a video at 6.55 regarding pitch response
[youtube]tUpnSj4alfA?t=6m55s[/youtube]
I think JFB is using the LineIn and the Timecode signal....

here another example at 33seconds pitch "rides"

Mensajes Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 11:48 pm
can anyone confirm this?
should I make a video on vdj8, to show this?
thank you

Mensajes Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 7:04 pm
Hello,

I have also tried this -2 pitch quality with TCV (SERATO) ON 1210's and I agree this seems to improve the response of the pitch response audibly. In my opinion the slider on the screen can do what it wants, I'm interested in the audio and this seems to improve the response. I will trial it for a while and see how it goes.
Thank you for this advice!

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 6:37 pm
yes, but then you wont have "Master Tempo" / "Key Lock", the pitch response (on-screen) is faster and the sound change is (almost) instant on pitchquality -2 (or -1), but if you need to "keylock" a deck to play it faster/slower you cant.... only on pitchquality zero 1,2 or 3.

Mensajes Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 9:22 pm
Hello Again and thank you for you advice.
I have been playing around with this and it is working well the response is fantastic. I never use the Key lock function or have master tempo selected as I did not have this function when playing normal records. I have always tried to get the TCV to replicate a normal record / turntable setup. Can you see any other flaws with using this setting?
thank you

Mensajes Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 5:30 pm
Also....
what is the reason this is not mentioned within the manual / settings description? how did you find this out?
Thank You

Mensajes Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:24 pm
Hello, in the very beginning of vdj 8.0, it had a different sound engine algortyhm, it was full of bugs and crashes, pitchwarble ,vinyl sticker drift , I think we had to use pitch quality 1 for better sound, "zero" for faster pitch response, and pitchQ -1 or -2 to have zero vinyl sticker drift and better performance, after some updates we were able to use pitchQ 2 with no scratchwave drifts, sticker drifts, or woobles.
VDJ8 is amazing! the mapping/scripting are endless and advanced settings in software are very detailed, if they 're not there (any option,any controller) just ask Devs Support,and in some time its updated.

Mensajes Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:17 am
here is another example, at 14m30s, of what cant be done with PitchQuality 2

[youtube]qQaEWVYuyXU?t=14m31s[/youtube]

Mensajes Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 11:25 am
Hello,
just though I would update..
I have continued to use -2 pitch setting for a while now and it is the response I have always wanted from Virtual DJ and timecodes using turntables, but I do notice the sound is not a good when using the setting, Mainly vocals or strings in the higher frequencies sometimes become screechy and wobbled. I borrowed my friends soundcard to compare and this also had the same symptoms.is there a way around this?

Mensajes Mon 01 Oct 18 @ 2:36 pm
Hello again, as I continue on the quest for fast pitch response with good quality sound using VDJ as a DVS I have now rolled back to build 3671. I am still using -2, this still has the improved response as discussed earlier and the sound was not wobbled for the vocals, however I could hear a different noise from the time code (a digital noise on noticeable in quiet parts of the track) I continued to adjust different settings and have found that if I raise the ScratchFilterQuality up to 50 this pretty much vanishes.... now to test..! Has anyone got any recommendations for the best build for timecode DVS?

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 7:18 pm
the New Traktor 3 sound quality is amazing, the pitch response also very fast.
VDJ8/2018 needs improvement on this topic.

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 6:05 pm
rutlandmusic wrote :
Hello again, as I continue on the quest for fast pitch response with good quality sound using VDJ as a DVS I have now rolled back to build 3671. I am still using -2, this still has the improved response as discussed earlier and the sound was not wobbled for the vocals, however I could hear a different noise from the time code (a digital noise on noticeable in quiet parts of the track) I continued to adjust different settings and have found that if I raise the ScratchFilterQuality up to 50 this pretty much vanishes.... now to test..! Has anyone got any recommendations for the best build for timecode DVS?

I tried your settings and confirm better audio on scratchFilterQ 50, but still hear some "digital" distortion when performing faster (scratch)drops.
using pitchquality 3 the audio is very good, but then same issue on fast pitch changes -8% to -8% takes "forever"...
can someone from vdj8 devolpment give some feedback about htis issue?
thank you

example at 33seconds of pitch "rides"

Mensajes Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 10:31 pm
I have now fully updated VDJ to the latest release again and am using pitch quality setting 3. The sound is good and I think maybe this is the best pitch response we are going to get... Its great having the response of the -2 setting but not at the expense of the sound quality. The quest continues, and will update if any other ideas arrive. Thank you

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 18 @ 3:37 pm
can anyone confirm if this "TC pitch response" was fixed in VDJ2020?? I'm away from my setup for the next week....
thank you

Mensajes Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 8:53 pm
Hello,
I would also like to know what people’s thoughts are for VDJ 2020 for time code usage.
I have not yet upgraded from V8.3 as this seemed to be the best for me.
I have read through the change log and cannot see a mention of any TCV mods. Unless I am mistaken?
Any recommendations for version numbers to try would be appreciated.

Mensajes Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 2:59 pm
rutlandmusic wrote :
Hello,
I would also like to know what people’s thoughts are for VDJ 2020 for time code usage.
I have not yet upgraded from V8.3 as this seemed to be the best for me.
I have read through the change log and cannot see a mention of any TCV mods. Unless I am mistaken?
Any recommendations for version numbers to try would be appreciated.

They havent done much with timecode in the latest release, from what I can tell.

Mensajes Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 12:22 pm
I was up till 4AM in the morning trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my turntable pitch and the sluggish response of VDJ. The auto key shifts drove me crazy, I’ll disable when I can get to my setup.

I haven’t tried the -2 or 3 settings as yet. I will definitely need 110% pitch locking to turntable, like you described in this thread. This is my day 1 of buying the VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 27 May 20 @ 6:53 pm
The Issue persisted no matter the setting.

I like the fact that VDJ plays 24bit 192kHz, I don’t have to down-sample to 96kHz or less just to play files from my music library.

I did try out Mixxx with DVS, it currently supports 24bit 96kHz. But then I have to down-sample files to play them. I can tell you that Mixxx DVS is smooth using Mixxx. A phono preamp is needed for Mixxx to calibrate the vinyl signal.

Mensajes Thu 28 May 20 @ 4:21 pm
Hello,
Can you confirm what “pitchquality” you are set to and also do you have “timecodepitchsliderignorebend” selected?

Mensajes Thu 28 May 20 @ 4:57 pm
VDJ 2021 and The Pitch response is still slow...
great feature the Stem "separation" might come in handy if one cant get the acapella/instrumental track.

rutlandmusic wrote :
Hello,
Can you confirm what “pitchquality” you are set to and also do you have “timecodepitchsliderignorebend” selected?

pitch ignore bend NO / pitch quality 3 or -2 if want to perform some "turntablist pitch rides/shifts" has stated on videos above.

oftopic: ScratchWaves - when will VDJ improve on the Scratchwaves?? they still look bad....

Mensajes Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 12:14 am
91%