Forum: General Discussion

Discussions about VirtualDJ, and about DJing in general

Forum Guidelines
If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Tema: Hot cues acting weird
This just started happening recently, but now when I hit the cue button sometimes(not all the time) but when i hit cue points it places the cue point where you are in the song instead of jumping like it should. This happening in the club is disasterous yo way i mix, plz help.

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 3:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This can happen if you press a Hotcue button while the CUE is pressed
If you dont want this behavior, you can disable the updateHotcueOnCueCombo setting

Mensajes Tue 22 May 18 @ 4:17 pm
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figured Out Exactly when it is happening but not why or how to fix this...

I recently started utilizing Macro actions in some of my songs. It is not when a song is loaded with an action macro embedded in it that the hot cue settings go to shit, but immediately after the action takes place. From then on that whole side of the deck is screwed Cue point wise, even if new song is loaded.

turning VDJ off and back on solves this, but I don't need to tell you why that cant happen.

It has to a setting the action changes on auto, my reason for thinking this is because hot cue point settings are particular to the specific deck you change it to, and the other deck is unaffected, until I load a song with an action on the other side, then I'm screwed on both sides.

This can't continue, plz help, I need my cues to stay where they are, I spent years perfecting these

example of macro action

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 2:18 pm
Seems like the problem is with your actions.
If you want to jump to a cue use - goto_cue 2 not just - cue 2

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 3:09 pm
As above, you need to "study" vdj script a little better.

Messing with actions can be tricky since a lot of actions act differently depending on deck status.
As wickedmix said the proper action for your case is <<goto_cue 2>> which acts always the same way regardless of deck status.

PS:
Since I use similar actions quite often here's a nice tip...
Instead of <<goto_cue 2>> I use <<var '$ExecMacro' ? goto_cue 2>>
This allows me to map a button as <<toggle '$ExecMacro'>> which controls whether or not I want my macro actions to be executed (e.g. I turn macro execution off when I enable automix)

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 3:36 pm
Quote :
PS:
Since I use similar actions quite often here's a nice tip...
Instead of <<goto_cue 2>> I use <<var '$ExecMacro' ? goto_cue 2>>
This allows me to map a button as <<toggle '$ExecMacro'>> which controls whether or not I want my macro actions to be executed (e.g. I turn macro execution off when I enable automix)


genius. Thank you so much.


Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 4:42 pm
@music234

Since you seem interested, in fact I use <<var 'ExecMacro' ? action>> and then use the following toggle: <<toggle 'ExecMacro'>>
These action use local variables (without the $) instead of global. This way I can control execution on each deck individually.
That's useful if you tend to use action POI's a lot and you want to disable them for one song (e.g. the one on air) but not for the other that's about to begin (or vice versa)

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 5:37 pm
Thank you.
Simple solutions are always welcome ;o)

Mensajes Wed 23 May 18 @ 6:01 pm
Problem fixed, goto_cue2 works, so now I know how to deal with it, however does anybody know what setting it messed with to cause the problem?

my thinking is I don't really know many songs I did this wrong macro to, so I need a fix without turning the program off. I'm thinking maybe a staff member would have to answer this. Thank you guys for helping me figure this out, but I cant be in a club and this happen again. I pushed my way through it because it only happened to 1 deck, but I need to fully understand.

thx guys

DJ CONTRA

Mensajes Thu 24 May 18 @ 1:15 am
It didn't mess with any setting, nor the action itself will always cause issues.

The easiest fix on your case would be to edit your database.

Use a good text editor like Notepad++, open the database and do a search and replace:

Search for:
Action="cue
Replace with:
Action="goto_cue

And hit the "Replace All" button.
Save your database and you should be done
:)

Mensajes Thu 24 May 18 @ 7:08 am
gotta say that's the best answer I could have gotten, thx guys...

all fixed, ready to jam

Mensajes Thu 24 May 18 @ 5:03 pm