Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Best shaders from ShaderToy - Page: 9

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Downloaded from link you posted, Its working fine, same as picture 1
pretty old GPU ... GT525M

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 3:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have the version as seen in picture 2, I'll pm you my copy [not sure if it will work]

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 3:34 am
It displays online as per first picture (fewer knots) for me in Firefox and Chrome.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 10:50 am
locodog wrote :
I have the version as seen in picture 2, I'll pm you my copy [not sure if it will work]

Thanks Loco, sadly it's not the original, I wonder if the latest EA build has changed something?, I'll try an earlier build and see

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 11:15 am
MrDjLinton wrote :
locodog wrote :

Thanks Loco, sadly it's not the original, I wonder if the latest EA build has changed something?, I'll try an earlier build and see

nope, nothing changed

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 11:32 am
other account other PC not ea build still sameas pic 1 (64bit) black in 32bit

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 12:52 pm
Bigbaromilly wrote :
other account other PC not ea build still sameas pic 1 (64bit) black in 32bit

I know this is no big deal in the scheme of things and truth be told I haven't used it that particular in ages - but DAMMIT!, I wants the original back :)

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 4:33 pm
Nicotux wrote :

Ditto. I just moved mine out of the folder and deleted it from the XML list, then downloaded it again fresh.

Still the same OG version.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 5:05 pm
Nicotux wrote :
pretty old GPU ... GT525M

Picture 1 is the new imposter version, Picture 2 is what it was originally and it's the one I want back : )

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 5:50 pm
There's an issue on my system with this one https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MscSDB | view on shadertoy | copy link

On the shadertoy site, each tile is shiny. When it runs in VDJ, the tiles are speckled.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 5:52 pm
MrDjLinton wrote :

Picture 1 is the new imposter version, Picture 2 is what it was originally and it's the one I want back

Locodog said he had that version (pic #2), to which you replied that it wasn't the original.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 5:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
MrDjLinton wrote :

Picture 1 is the new imposter version, Picture 2 is what it was originally and it's the one I want back

Locodog said he had that version(pic #2), to which you replied that it wasn't the original.

That's my error in explaining things (brain fade thing)

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 6:23 pm
MrDjLinton wrote :
groovindj wrote :
MrDjLinton wrote :

Locodog said he had that version(pic #2), to which you replied that it wasn't the original.

That's my error in explaining things (brain fade thing)

This is how it looks after updating, bare in mind I thought this is just a new version with a new name and new link

But this is what it always looked like before the update (below) and this is the one I want back .

I think what's happening is, all of us have the same link, but for some of us it looks like Pic 1 and for some of us it looks like Pic 2. My guess is something has been changed on my system and is rendering the link to the shader differently.

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 6:30 pm
groovindj wrote :
There's an issue on my system with this one https://www.shadertoy.com/view/MscSDB | view on shadertoy | copy link

On the shadertoy site, each tile is shiny. When it runs in VDJ, the tiles are speckled.

Same, speckled here

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 6:52 pm
same here too
(looks like the wood is not using texture)

@MrDjLinton: send you PM with mine showing as pic1 for me (64bit)

Mensajes Sat 06 Feb 21 @ 7:00 pm
Praise Be For Back ups!. I found a back up copy of VDJ from 2020 on my usb thumb drive and I wondered if ..... And yes! - I now have the original 'Knotting' Shader back and it's beautiful. So thanks everyone for trying to help out earlier. Just goes to show the importance of making backups.

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 12:05 am
Can you do a file comparison to see what the difference is?

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 12:14 am
groovindj wrote :
Can you do a file comparison to see what the difference is?

They look identical both in size and in the Notepad++, I'm no expert on this stuff,

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 12:35 am
They look identical in size and in the shaderlist on notepad++

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 12:36 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you can use online comparator such as https://www.diffnow.com
or tool like FlexHex or Diff3

or send the shader from backup to who send you their recent ones ;)

Mensajes Mon 08 Feb 21 @ 1:35 am
91%