Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: New monitor setup purchase

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi guys, going to keep it short, just need some assistance..

I am close to ordering 2x JBL LSR308 with JBL LSR310 Subwoofer.

I am using a Pioneer DJM500... Which obviously has 2x XLR right & left.. One for each speaker (The speakers are individually powered, so one speaker doesn't power the other they have their own)

How would I go about getting the subwoofer in to this? I have seen a suggestion of getting a miniDSP... But I would like to possibly save myself £110 (and I've heard it can affect sound quality?)

Any input would be appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 10:52 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Something with a sub out would be the best way. one of these for example.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 11:55 am
Basically the XLR cables should go out of your mixer to the inputs on the back of your SUB (it offers 2 inputs, one for left and one for right channel)
Then, from the SUB you should run a second set of XLR cables, one to each speaker/SAT. The SUB on it's back provides 2 "thru" outputs just for that reason.
Finally, you use the DSP switches on the back of your SUB and SATs to adjust the sound to your liking.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 12:21 pm
Yes, most powered subs will have a "high pass" output for feeding your top speakers.

The bass is filtered out because the sub handles that, so the tops will act as mid/high speakers.

Mensajes Wed 13 Jun 18 @ 6:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)