Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: FreeStyler OS2L Bridge - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As some of you will already have heard, VirtualDJ have added support for the OS2L protocol (http://os2l.org/ ) in VirtualDJ 2018. This is already supported by Sunlite and at this time a few other software vendors are also implementing it.

As yet FreeStyler haven't, so as a stopgap solution I've created a bridge. Run it on the FreeStyler machine and it will receive OS2L when sent by VDJ and forward it onto FreeStyler. You can use the os2l_cmd script command to send commands to FreeStyler either by the usual methods (skin button, keyboard, controller, repeat script, action POI).

I'll post up some more information and examples soon. The bridge app is available here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80809

It will also require Bonjour, since OS2L uses it for detection:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 12:39 pm

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 2:29 pm
Totally crazy, works perfectly!
I have already tried your first plugin one year ago, but it was not possible to use it together with the Android Freestyler remote APK (I know that Freestyler doesn't support 2 remote).
But here with this bridge, VirtualDJ, Freestyler and its Android remote control , all works together perfectly.This open incredible new possibilities!!
Thank you so much.

Mensajes Sat 23 Jun 18 @ 7:54 am
Hello do not know or post this request I do it here:

Would it be possible via thecontrollerlighting via the cue works with virtualdj remote

Also that the cues put in a sample works via virtual dj remote.

example: I create a CUE on a track if I click on 2 if I create a CUE 2 it works.

But if I switch the sample via sampler it does not activate the CUE2.

In remote he also does not see the CUE2 creates on the piece of music.

I hope I have been clare thanks for your help.

Mensajes Sun 24 Jun 18 @ 9:58 pm
As I understood I have to start it on the machine with freestyler. How connect VDJ the bridge, if it is on a network pc(VDJ on PC1, Freestyler on PC2)? Over Bonjour?

Mensajes Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 3:24 pm
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Some questions...

1. The os2l has these features according to it's vdj-wikipage
- Automatic detection and connection with the DMX software
- Make your lights beat-aware to your music
- Change scenes, trigger light effects, add fog and more..
- Activate those triggers from your DJ controller pads
I could be mistaken, but these already were possible due freestyler8 with some scripting....so what's the difference then?

2. What's the difference between the "freestyler8" and the newer "freestyler dmx" plugins?

thnx

Mensajes Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 12:56 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do I still need to use the Freestyler8 plugin?

I installed the FS OS2L Bridge and was able to get commands to work but I can't seem to get my fixtures to react to sound. In order to send the beat grid/bpm do I need to do anything else????

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 3:42 am
Bump @SBDJ

Mensajes Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 3:56 pm
anok4u2 wrote :
Some questions

2. What's the difference between the "freestyler8" and the newer "freestyler dmx" plugins?

thnx

Interested to know this too.

Mensajes Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 3:58 pm
If you're sending commands OK then the beat should just be sent too. Obviously FreeStyler will need to have something it's end set to react to the sound.

If you're using this bridge, I'd advise you to not use any of the other FreeStyler plugins.

Mensajes Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 8:25 am
Differences:
1) Freestyler8 : It sends native to Freestyler TCP commands to control it. It provides one way communication (VDJ to FS)
2) Freestyler MRC: It uses MIDI to control Freestylers. It provides two way communication (VDJ to FS and FS back to VDJ)
3) Freestyler OS2L Bridge: It uses the new native to VDJ OS2L protocol to control Freestyler via a third application (the bridge). The bridge itself converts OS2L commands to TCP ones. Currently it also provides one way communication (VDJ to FS)

Remarks:
Technically both TCP and MIDI protocols (supported by Freestyler directly) support 2 way communication.
OS2L also supports 2 way communication.
Freestyler does not support OS2L protocol yet.
The advantage of using Freestyler OS2L bridge is that it's not a plug-in for VirtualDJ. VirtualDJ can run it's native OS2L commands to control Freestyler via this method.
ANY of the 3 solutions to control FS from within VDJ works, but it order to get something to react to sound (beats) you need to enable the corresponding sequence on FS to react on sound by enabling the speaker icon next to it

Mensajes Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 12:18 pm
Can't get it working. Setup: PC 1 (win10) VDJ, Bonjour installed; PC2 Win10 Freestyler, Bonjour installed. All Plugins for Freestyler in VDJ disabled. Starting the bridge on PC 2, freestyler is connected,but VDJ doesn't. Starting the bridge on PC1, VDJ is connected but freestyler doesn't. The same with the older VDJ-Freestyler-Plugins all is working fine (Lightning reacts to sound from VDJ). How can I connect them or what else i have to do to get this working?

Mensajes Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 11:46 am
OK, after several reeboots, now the bridge writes "connected" for Freestyler and VDJ on PC2. But the dmx-Pads in VDJ are not effecting freestyler. Think I have to change the buttom-commands? I remind, that there were something mentioned in the "Early-Access-Thread" but i can't find it anymore. Is there someone who get it totally working?

Mensajes Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 2:19 pm
I fugured it out. Who can read is a winner ;-). I changed the commands for the dmx-pads as SBDJ mentioned in the bridge. Starting with "blackout" to test I only have to passed my scenes to the different Pad-Buttons (I created for each fixture(group) a simple scene which was soundreacting, reset values etc. as i need them. Now i'm able to start/stop my different scenes in freestyler via VDJ. Different scenes on the same fixture i add two commands like 'os2l_cmd 46 on & os2l_cmd 509 on', so the fixtures get only one scene command at a time. All works fine. Now i only want to map the dmx-pads to a novation Launchpad MK2 for my needs.

Mensajes Sun 08 Jul 18 @ 8:50 am
Can't no install on a 32 Bit Windows XP Pro SP3
Or run this not on a Old Win XP Pro 32 Bit. System?

On Windows 7 that is install and Run good with VDJ 2018 and Freestyler DMX 3.5.47.

Great Thanks for this Freestyler OS2L Brigde Plugin .

Greatings,Dirk

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 3:04 pm
Hi guys, this is my first comment in the community. I have Virtual 2018 running in a MacBook Pro, and Freestyler running in a Win 10 PC to control the lights. Is there any combination that I could use to get my Virtual connected with Freestyler in the described scenario? Thank you so much in advance!

Mensajes Wed 08 Aug 18 @ 8:10 pm
Julierë, they have to be running on the same computer, for the commands to transfer from VDJ to FreeStyler.

With two PCs, regardless of OS, what you CAN do is tap the line out of the VDJ computer and use it on the FreeStyler computer to drive S2L for sequence timing. You would need to run your controls on the FreeStyler computer, as a separate DMX controller. I would normally prefer that scenario, and almost went that way to support the processor demands of the new 2018 Shader Toy video function. But, I ended up replacing my 3 year old Dell 2-in-1 with a New G7. I just didn't want to carry two computers and a second console. But, if you have complex lighting to control, I would definitely run FreeStyler on a second computer. I'd hope you have a dedicated lighting person so you can focus on the mixing!

I hope that helps, and may someone please correct any misconceptions I may have had with this topic!

Mensajes Wed 08 Aug 18 @ 9:51 pm
vlnjacki wrote :
Can't no install on a 32 Bit Windows XP Pro SP3
Or run this not on a Old Win XP Pro 32 Bit. System?

I've not tested on XP and I don't intend to support such an old operating system.

Julierë wrote :
Hi guys, this is my first comment in the community. I have Virtual 2018 running in a MacBook Pro, and Freestyler running in a Win 10 PC to control the lights. Is there any combination that I could use to get my Virtual connected with Freestyler in the described scenario? Thank you so much in advance!

Yes, the bridge just needs to run on the PC running FreeStyler. The bridge talks via a network connection to VDJ so you could use VDJ on a Mac networked to a PC with the bridge and FS.

Mensajes Thu 16 Aug 18 @ 9:47 am
I can't believe this works so easily! Thanks for making that bridge! I do have an issue though. How do I sync freestyler s2l with the bpm on the master deck of VDJ?

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 8:03 pm
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
how can we have two-way VDJ communication in FS and FS back to VDJ (on, off led)

Mensajes Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 10:03 am
74%