Forum: Wishes and new features

Features you would like to see in VirtualDJ
Tema: Virtual DJ for Chrome OS

Now in these days there is a new software for laptops that is not only conquering the market due to high performance but also for cheap prices. This is Chrome OS powered by Google. Sadly Virtual DJ is not available in Chrome OS. This means that Virtual DJ is losing thousands of potential clients that want to DJ but also need a cheap high performence laptop. Other DJ software programs have already put their softwares in Chrome OS. Eventhough none of them are as good as Virtual DJ people are using those DJ softwares which means Virtual DJ is losing thousands of dollars.

So will you make Virtual DJ available in Chrome OS

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:19 am
I doubt it

I also doubt that people who are forced to buy a cheap laptop, and therefore choose a Chromebook, are willing to pay $299 for a DJ software to put on their cheap laptop

Another issue with Chromebooks are that they are designed to be online. They can do some things offline, including holding some files. But DJs needs to be able to DJ entirely offline

So if Atomix were to port VDJ to a third platform, I think a Unix platform, like maybe Ubuntu, would be a smarter choice than Chrome OS

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:36 am
What other DJ software is available for Chrome OS?

Traktor, Serato, Rekordbox (those are the "big three")? I don't think so.

If "thousands of DJs" were desperate to use a cheap laptop to DJ with (which I doubt, if they have professional standards) then why aren't those programs available for Chrome OS?

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:26 pm
The only way I see VirtualDJ functions via a Chromebook is via the remote app controlling a bona-fide VirtualDJ installation running on robust hardware. Chromebooks use low power ARM processors currently and dont have the performance needed. VirtualDJ is compiled to run on RISC (X86 and AMD64) architectures running windows and OSX. The only feasible additional platform I would predict may be able to run VirtualDJ natively in the future will be the Linux platform. (and I would love that!)

see this thread: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/223584/General_Discussion/Question_Concerning_Chromebook.html

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 1:31 am
Considering there is potential for 4k online gaming to be run through a chrome web browser on a laptop that's years old (Stadia), this should definitely be possible in the near future I hope.

Mensajes Fri 09 Aug 19 @ 5:50 pm