Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Radio Station Automation Plug in?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJSk0ttControlleristMember since 2011
Hello,

VDJ has been amazing thus far. I love the software. Is there a plugin that would grant VDJ similar options like Sam Broadcaster? Any users or support guides have any idea on how one could achieve this if there isn't a plugin?

Thanks VDJ for all you do!

Regards,

DJ Skott

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 7:16 pm
Been talked about in the past but the general consensus is that DJ software and radio automation software are two completely different things and should stay that way.

Mensajes Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 7:23 pm
i understand the difference between them. I would like to still have it... i remember the stack mixer.. i keep hearing radio djs with great mix downs, to only see them live and think they suck.. i want to have both skills ... and more money to

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 12:16 am
it was my understanding that automix was pretty much what sam broadcast does minus the beat mixing portion.

anyways that is my experience ... i have used sam broadcaster in the past

the only things is does that VDJ does not is automatically insert jingles and commercials and it has rules to prevent songs from playing back to back when its running by itself.

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 12:24 am
the software i used we stacked multiple things and you could adjust the music ahead of time and add in adds and stuff. I would spend 40 min making 8 hours of mix down.. it was a total cheat but it worked .. I am lucky that in real life i have the same skill as some djs suck in real life vs the radio set ..

Mensajes Fri 12 Oct 18 @ 4:37 pm
WIth VDJ you are in the future of broadcast! No just audio. You can make a video playlist (making logos animated with a acapella voice to make spots, publicity, and more!) People like now more visual than SOLO audio. If you are lazy to make motion graphis you can buy AEprojects from envato, etc.. (i recomend learn the basic of After Effects) . And with AUTOMIX you are ready to go! I never back to old automatizacion radiosoft. Im upgrade to full visual experiencia.

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 2:15 pm

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 4:26 pm
one thing virtual dj wont do is be able to add an api key from a radio station directory like tunein to transmit metadata to them i have 3 stations and use station playlist cause of the lack of this feature plus the timing on blending sounds is kind has to be done maually cause to me the auto times are not to me timed for radio

Mensajes Mon 22 Oct 18 @ 5:10 pm
DJSk0tt wrote :

VDJ has been amazing thus far. I love the software. Is there a plugin that would grant VDJ similar options like Sam Broadcaster? Any users or support guides have any idea on how one could achieve this if there isn't a plugin?

While perhaps not exactly like Sam Broadcaster (havent tried it, but i imagine it has a scheduler of sorts etc), you can at least do something similar ish with VirtualDJ.

Just make some playlists .. For example "top40", "on rotation", "late nite" .. (anything that makes sense to you).
And then simply start playing the playlist in automix mode (can set to fade, no fade etc between the songs).
And use sampler for overlaying some radio jingles every now and then .. (and if un-attended, add these samples in the above playlists instead)

Something like that :) i guess

Mensajes Tue 23 Oct 18 @ 12:27 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
HI,

I already experiment with such a thingt some years ago using VDJ scripts and pads

I found the only one problem was .... not being able to parse the time easily
Thus i created a pseudo timer which manually/automaticaly synchronize exporting usefull infos

https://tinyurl.com/y8vneb22

Then I implemented a sort of scheduler customisable using a simple VDJ script

https://tinyurl.com/y8bewlx5

There is a test pad which launch a song the next minute and plays it for one minute
(Note there are some seconds per hours which can't be selected, script would be far much larger)

This was never developped more as i rarely use it (for some "Time specific" events such as New year, Christmas and Start of specific event)

Maybe it can be a start for what you are looking for

I test once more now, it seems to going on working correctly with VDJ 8.3

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 10:49 am
DJSk0ttControlleristMember since 2011
Thanks all for the resposes . I liked how sam managed the playlist based on rules. I could tell it to play a random song from x then y then z and play a liner or stinger, then a, b, c, d, then another stinger or advert. Thats what im was interested in seeing if there was a plug in that would do such.

Is there a 3rd party software that would create a playlist based on rules like SAM? If so could that playlist be imported in to VDJ?

Thanks again all for your responses.!

Mensajes Mon 01 Apr 19 @ 1:54 am
Basically, you want Myriad radio software (or a like for like program), not VDJ. Possibly PCDJ would be more likely a better match.

VDJ Is designed to be used for djing, what you describe is more like radio playlisting.
What use are pitch control, scratch visuals, controller skins, all the effects if everything is going to run automatically?

Hope you find what you're looking for

GodsDoctor

Mensajes Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 8:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)