Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Asked to Save my Playlists

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I guess I am not a DJ in the conventional sense as I simply play music straight forwardly. I was asked by the Manager to save my setlist from each gig. The Manager is also usually the DJ. Maybe it was harsh of me but I felt like the mixes I put together are something that is quite personal to me and what I do. How would other people feel about this? I've asked on my own account rather than the bar's for obvious reasons.

Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 10:30 pm
You need to buy a Pro license if (as it seems from what you posted) you're a working DJ.

Mensajes Thu 13 Sep 18 @ 10:35 pm
I would tell him to kiss my mic, but not everyone can do that. I had an owner in the 80's that asked me to record my set while I was playing in his club. I said no, and he put a tape into the VCR. It's his club and equipment, so I didn't have a choice. Or so he thought. Needless to say, I did not give my best performance. The mixes were tight, but my selections were not. Also, the UREI mixer had a defect, so if you tapped it, it made thump noise. So periodically I would tap the channel pod, and it also was recorded. He did not like the results, and said I did it on purpose. I denied it, and said the mixes were perfect, he just walked away pissed. The other Idiots made tapes for him, and was pissed when he got rid of the Sunday afternoon shift.

Mensajes Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 2:20 am
This question hits home with me. I have paid DJ's attending dances I DJ and Shazaming my playlist and asking questions about my DMX light show. They are just scamming on the competition, and it pisses me off they are playing my music the next weekend. IT takes time to get unique music from around the world for 15 or so dance genres, so I tend take note on who is there and hold back my best tracks for when I do not see any spies. Same guys who would not give me the time of day with questions I asked.

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 10:02 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've made playlists for customers before. I've charged them for the time. I've also explained that it won't fit every event and will become stagnant. After they used the list for a period of time, they called me back to update it. It worked out into a mix of background music lists and live DJ on "hot" nights. I feel this works for multi use venues. I could see it be an issue in a club setting. But, at some point, wouldn't it again become stagnant?

Mensajes Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 12:18 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)