Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Maximum record time VDJ8

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there!

I searched in the manual but can not find an answer so I was hoping someone here could give it to me.

What is the maximum length of a recording in VDJ8? Is it limited?

Thanks in advance, Chris.

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 9:12 am
the only limit is the amount of free space you have to store the recording.

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 9:15 am
Aha great! I love to make long mixes and always could do that with vdj7 but didn't know how this was set in vdj8.
I bought a new mixer and it came with serato (record limit 3 hours) but I switched back to VDJ within a day :D

Thanks, now nothing stands in my way to buy a license and so I'm gonna do.

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 9:19 am
Mind you that recording to WAV file format has it's own limits (4GB Max which equals about 6.8 hours recording time in 44.1KHz@16bit)
Any other format (like flac or mp3) does not have any limit besides the free space on your drive

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 9:44 am
OK! Thanks for the extra info! I record mixes in 320kb/s mp3 so I can give it a spin!

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 12:55 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you are planning to, um, edit your mixes then of course FLAC would be better for recording and then you would encode to MP3 at the end of the process.

That way your editing would not affect sound quality due to repeated encoding and decoding.

Mensajes Wed 03 Oct 18 @ 2:11 pm
PhilW wrote :
If you are planning to, um, edit your mixes then of course FLAC would be better for recording and then you would encode to MP3 at the end of the process.

That way your editing would not affect sound quality due to repeated encoding and decoding.

Hi! I don't edit my mixes afterwards. I just mix and record, the oldschool way haha :-)

Thanks anyway!

Mensajes Thu 11 Oct 18 @ 8:37 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)