Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Pause at End of Video?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it possible to have VDJ pause once it hits the end of a video? Behaviour currently is to stop playing and go back to the beginning which is undesirable if a deck is still live when it reaches the end of the video. This makes perfect sense for audio, of course.

I ask so I can let a deck reach the end while I am not at my laptop and interact with guests.

A pause would be good, or a blank screen or something else.

Another approach would be a way to pause video while audio keeps playing and I could hit that remotely perhaps using VNC (I have the iOS remote app but with it disconnecting it is virtually useless). I don’t see a scripting verb for holding a video frame.

Any ideas?

Mensajes Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 1:45 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 5:53 am
Thanks, Freppa. I am familiar with the scripting reference but wasn’t able to find something I could use.

I’m certainly not averse to looking for answers and have spent quite a bit of time looking for this, so far without success.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 1:49 pm
You could maybe use the same kind of script that makes the leds blink for a few seconds at the end of a track. Set that to 200ms instead, and have it pause instead of blink. And base it's running on a global variable you can toggle to enable and disable the feature

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 2:38 pm
you could place a action cue at the end with the script -> stop

would be a lot of work to do this to all your videos.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 6:24 pm
Thank you, both. When I have some time I will try the blinking led approach.

I did think of using action POIs and dismissed it due to the amount of work involved - I should probably have mentioned that in my first post but had forgotten it. Edit: right after I hit post I realized that I could do it just in time as it only takes a few seconds and this isn’t something I need in every video. So I might do that when I need it.

Anyhow, I’m continually amazed at what VDJ can do. Love it!

Phil

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 10:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)