Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Tema: Database freeze on MAC using videos (mp4)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there, I was wondering if someone has the same problem as I got last few gigs. I'm using videos almost all night with an external HDD (WD Passport 4TB USB3.0) and notice that every time I search on my database, the video output as well as the database itself, freeze for a few seconds. This is annoying because many people see the problem. Probably I'm doing something wrong and I didn't found a helping topic until today. Any advise?

My Gig
MAC BOOK PRO 2017
Intel Core i7 processor
16GB RAM
Radeon Pro 550 with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
HDD SSD 512Gb
Four Thunderbolt 3 ports

Videos allocated on my external HDD Western Digital My Passport 4TB USB 3.0 (Still 1,79TB Free space)

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 3:56 pm
Do you have "file date" selected as a browser column?

Mensajes Thu 08 Nov 18 @ 4:39 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I’m not a Mac guy but could the external HDD be going to sleep?

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 4:53 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Do you have "file date" selected as a browser column?

Hi kradcliffe,
It looks like you were right. I don't remember right now, but I add the "file date" column in the browser. After de-selected, everything seems to be right on track again. Do you know the reason why it happen?
Thanks for your help.
Juan

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 10:07 pm
PhilW wrote :
I’m not a Mac guy but could the external HDD be going to sleep?

Hi PhilW,
I thought that could be the problem at the beginning. But the hdd is brand new. Have a copy as well and happen the same. Besides your appreciated help, and thanks the post abobe, I figured out that if you have the "file date" column on your browser, is the one that cause the problem. I don't know the reason or if it happen with another column.
Thanks for your help
Juan

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 10:10 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks - the file date column causes VDJ to look at the files in the directory when browsing. Otherwise it pulls all the info for the tracks directly from its database.

I’m sure with a small list the performance impact would be negligible but with a large list (or filter folder or search) it slows things down.

Mensajes Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 1:27 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)