Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Help! Automix

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I was djaying a week ago for 900 people and went to engage automix so I could step away to the bathroom, and when I engaged it, the song that was playing on deck 1 stopped and it started midway through the first song in the automix playlist, made for a very abrupt transition. Last night I was djaying a gala of 260 people and automix did the same thing.

On a second note, on last nights event, I opened automix editor to adjust a few transition on the fly and virtual dj crashed, it immediately reopened and began playing at the spot it had been playing on the song that was in the deck, but the changes I had made to the automix list where no longer there, and I had to setup video output again. This was on a new install on a Dell i7 16g RAM laptop.

My next question, I've noticed when using ask.the.dj some people have no problem finding the venue and sending requests, and others even when typing the name of the venue on the website it will not come up? Has anyone else had this problem and is there something I can do to fix and help these folks find the venue. I do have geolocate turned on. I love this feature, and have experienced this problem before, don't know if it's a setting I need to change or something in there phone.

Thanks
Sam King

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 19 @ 12:30 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
For the ask.the.dj, are you sure they are allowing their location to be used?
Are they refreshing or using a new tab?

Mensajes Sun 17 Feb 19 @ 5:30 pm
That I don't know, I did see one of the guys force quit his app, relaunch safari and then try going to the site, and it did not geolocate him but allowed him to type in his venue, but when he typed it in word for word it came up with nothing. I did make sure I had make public on the ask.the.dj setup page.

Thanks!
Sam King

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 2:31 pm

When you geolocate, is the name at the top what you expect it to be?
Does your user name work?

Even if you specify a venue name, your user name will still work AFAIK.

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 11:13 pm
For the automix, what setting do you have it on? For me, I use Fade (remove silence).

Mensajes Mon 18 Feb 19 @ 11:15 pm
djchivo8ControlleristMember since 2019
hola me podes asesorar??

Mensajes Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 12:24 am
For the automix there are 2 things to consider:

First is the mixing type. There are various options like 'smart', fade (remove silence), fade (remove intro/outro), fade (remove nothing), back to back, e.t.c.
The second thing to consider is the next song.
The next song when automix gets activated is not always the topmost song of the list. In fact if the track that's playing on your "live" deck also exists on your automix playlist, the next song will be the song under the current "live" track (since automix assumes that you want after the live song to play that other song and they somehow match)

Mensajes Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 1:56 pm
I did have it in smart mode. Thanks for the feedback, I wasn't aware of it jumping to the next song, if the song in the live deck was in the automix list. I just want to be aware of what im doing so as to not create an abrupt mix into the next song. Also the crashing that happend freaked me out, I was wondering all night if it was going to crash again.

Mensajes Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 6:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)