Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: SoundCloud with VirtualDJ - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 12:10 pm
will it play in virtual dj? will show up on the program? is it trust worthy ?

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 2:30 pm
1. Yes
2. Yes

3. I have no idea - i guess Soundcloud are pretty new at it, but VDJ is not the only DJ software that includes it

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 3:42 pm
Has been working in beta for some time, just sign in when you first open VDJ. It opens in a separate web window, which can be a little scary, if you are already playing. Just close the window, as I have had no issues when I forget to sign in when I first start. I don't have to sign in all the time, as I don't sign out.

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 8:17 pm
Awesome!!

Mensajes Wed 20 Mar 19 @ 9:13 pm
thanks guys .. as always you guys rock . as it is . great support 'there is not an issue you the staff and commuity can't handle.. i will check this soundcloud out..

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 5:00 am
How about Soundcloud''s sound quality?

Mensajes Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 8:32 am
user14454062 wrote :
How about Soundcloud''s sound quality?

As per description:

High Quality Streaming
Availability of High Quality streaming
High Quality streaming is currently available to SoundCloud Go+ subscribers only.

What is the quality of SoundCloud HQ streaming?
Our Hiqh Quality streaming format is encoded in 256kbps AAC. (equivalent to an mp3 encoded in 320kbps).

Which content will be available to stream in High Quality?
Tracks uploaded at lossless or a high bitrate will be available for streaming in high quality. We will continue to ensure that as much content as possible is available to our Go+ subscribers in high quality 256kbps AAC.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010227514-High-Quality-Streaming

Now see if it will work over a VPN....

Mensajes Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 11:09 am
i clicked on you post and its say the page doesn't exist ...

Mensajes Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 1:31 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try again,

Mensajes Fri 22 Mar 19 @ 2:44 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's useless because you have to have online access to use it. No offline functionality.

Mensajes Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 9:48 pm
It's a streaming site - what did you expect? :-)

Mensajes Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 9:59 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
groovindj wrote :
It's a streaming site - what did you expect? :-)

I guess I expected it to be like other options we've had with offline cache. Might work for some, if they have constant access to the internet at their venues. It's risky to rely on. What if the ISP goes down? Or the venue's wifi equipment finally bites the dust? YOU are screwed if you need anything that you planned on using from Soundcloud. Just fine for your bedroom though.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 1:18 am
I always thought of streaming services as "rescue" services.

I was doing a High School party two weeks ago. Everything went smoothly, the kids enjoyed the party, but still I had some girls come at me and ask me a particular track that I didn't had.
I downloaded the file from iDJPool, prelisten it, and decided to play it. It was a massive wow moment for the kids (apparently kids these days know new hits before us :P )
Would the party be successful if I didn't had played that track ?
Sure it would have been.
Did the party was even better because I played that track ?
Sure it was!

So, if my internet was bad and I wasn't able to download and play that track, no harm would have been made.
But the fact that I managed to play that track made a difference for those kids.

I guess what I want to say is that streaming services is not something you should rely your entire gig or music collection.
Yet they can "save" the day, or give you an extra boost in some cases... ;)

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 9:06 am
Yes I agree with George :-)

I always play (unprotected) tracks I have bought and downloaded to my drive. They will play on anything, not just VDJ.

To this day I have never streamed a track whilst playing a gig. Maybe that day will come, but I can't say when.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 19 @ 5:51 pm
I have Soundcloud Go+ so I decided to try out the integration.

Here are some observations:

1. For songs, playlists, albums to be accessible, they must be "liked" on Soundcloud. This is a little bit of work, but it's like going into the supermarket and "liking"' without paying for each individual item (subscription groceries LOL)
2. The integrated tracks appear in the Soundcloud virtual folder of VDJ without any BPM or key info.
3. The BPM and key info can be obtained one at a time by dragging the tracks onto the decks. While one track is loading/analyzing in deck 1, I'm dragging a track onto deck 2. Then back to deck 1, etc. I hope this is improved in the future (e.g., the tracks are all analyzed by selecting them at one time, just like purchased tracks)
4. The sound quality is fair. I don't think the tracks that I have tried so far (from the Spa In Disco label) are 320 kbps MP3 quality, but they sound pretty good.
5. Integration is seamless. I can use the files in any way that VDJ allows: to record or to broadcast or just to play.
6. I did a search for the "nu disco" tag in Soundcloud and found thousands of matches. Of course many of the matches are DJ mixes.

I hope this answers some questions.

I posted my first (crappy) mix from Soundcloud Spa In Disco here: https://zzzonedotnet.net/2019/04/29/spa-in-disco-club-pylon-4-28-2019/

Good luck.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 19 @ 12:37 pm
Addendum:

File under the category of bug/strange behavior.

The Spa In Disco tracks from yesterday are not visible in the Soundcloud "Likes" folder, but I can search for them and find them individually.

Tracks that I "liked" today ARE visible.

Very strange. I now believe this feature is NOT ready for prime time.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Mensajes Mon 29 Apr 19 @ 7:40 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
And they do show up in liked tracks on the soundcloud website?

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 2:10 am
Adion wrote :
And they do show up in liked tracks on the soundcloud website?

Yes definitely.

I checked the Android app: I have 1199 liked tracks on Soundcloud.

Exactly 287 show up in the Soundcloud "Likes" folder in VDJ (latest version).

I have put in a ticket with Atomix for this issue.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 12:02 pm
Another addendum as I continue to test the Soundcloud integration:

Recording a mix with Soundcloud files is not possible. Any attempt to do so gets a DRM warning.

I can understand it, but I don't play in the public so I would like to able to record my own personal mixes.

Based on my experiments, it appears that anything above 300 likes do not appear in the "Likes" folder at this time. I have tried it in both version of VDJ, 32 and 64 bits with the same results. Still awaiting a Tech Support ticket here and I posted on the Soundcloud forum.

As this was not expected or welcome behavior, I may cash out my Soundcloud membership.

Mensajes Tue 30 Apr 19 @ 3:01 pm
37%