Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Automix bpm issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BwhuDControlleristMember since 2008
Hi guys

Question re automix bpm.

I would like to create automixes with bpm constant say 108bpm throughout entire mix-i have looked through previous posts on issue and although i can get bpm to match in sync but they still vary up and down to their original bpms when automixing.

Iv tried the custom button script and tweaking the various bpm/automix options in settings aswell as different automix options (smart,fade etc)

In the automix editor i have bpm match turned on also for each transition.

Any ideas?

Tia

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 12:35 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is, although it's been asked for many times, not possible in VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 10:25 am
:(

Thanks for reply all the same

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 2:55 pm
You can hack it a bit if you like
These two scripts sets up and shuts down a repeat script that sets bpm to a specific value every 33ms
So it kind of works like you describe

Start script:
repeat_start_instant 'bpmset' 33ms & pitch 100 bpm
Stop script:
repeat_stop 'bpmset'

The result is something like the video below (I jump in the songs to show the mixes, and the tracks loas slow because they are streamed on a slow internet connection, but I hope it still make sense)
As you can see the tempo can jump right in the mix, so it probably works best with tracks that are not too far from the wanted BPM, or are ordered by BPM (those works best - like the last autoomix in the video)
You can try it and see if you like it

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 4:12 pm
Thanks klaus will give it a try

Mensajes Thu 21 Mar 19 @ 4:30 pm
PachN wrote: "That is, although it's been asked for many times, not possible in VDJ."

Does anybody know a DJ software that has this feature?

Mensajes Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 11:23 am
A DJ software that mixes for you?

What tends to happen is that pro DJ software doesn't bother with this feature, as it's expected that DJs will want to DJ themselves rather that let the computer do everything.

OTOH there are lots of cheap or free programs/apps that perform "DJ mixes" with little or no intervention from the user. Many of these are phone/tablet apps, as they're aimed at consumers, not DJs. Things like Algoriddim Djay, Pacemaker, Pyro by Serato, MixTrax by Pioneer...

One that's been around for many years is MixMeister. That's aimed at fitness instructors, as again it's expected that actual DJs would be able to mix themselves.

Mensajes Mon 22 Apr 19 @ 11:54 am
Why is this featute still missing, although so many users ask for?

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 19 @ 1:44 pm
Where are these "so many users"? I see three in this thread. That's a drop in the ocean.

There are millions of VDJ users, the vast majority of whom are perfectly capable of mixing themselves rather than needing software to do it for them.

Did you try out any of the programs that I mentioned the last time you posted?

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 19 @ 4:21 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)