Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer DDJ-800 - Page: 2

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

groovindj wrote :
I guess I'm different then. I'm not one for swapping out my kit for something else on a regular basis.

Currently I have a DDJ-SX2 and a DDJ-RZ, and I can't see me buying something to replace them unless they happen to develop a fault that's BER. They cover my needs (and beyond) so 'new shiny' is not required.

I wouldn't buy gear unless it suited my needs. I wouldn't buy it despite the problem, then put up with the flaws until a MKII came out. I'd get something else.

I own and love my sz and rz.. I knew I liked you for more than one reason! I love my RZ so much. Question grooving, do you have a tempo adjust remap like was available on the sz?

Mensajes Thu 25 Apr 19 @ 1:14 am
Ok I bought the DDJ 800. So far I really like the unit. I have Serato, Traktor, and VDJ, but prefer VDJ as I find it easier to do Weddings with. This is the first time I used Rekordbox, and I really like it. The attenuation for the mics is a welcome feature as it allows you to correct an overly hot or low mic. The sound-card sounds beautiful, and the unit is very well optioned, and easy to use. It is the right size for a mobile DJ, and is quite light. My only gripe (as I stated before) is the price, $900 for an all plastic unit Ouch!!!! I Definitely like it better than my Denon MC6000MK2 (5 years old). Been DJing over 30 years and have DJ gear in my garage from 80s and 90s. You have to move to the new eventually. I think it will serve me well.

Mensajes Mon 06 May 19 @ 8:29 pm
When the VDJ mapping for this unit comes out, will there be an announcement or something? How will we know when it's done?

Mensajes Wed 08 May 19 @ 10:46 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There usually is.

Mensajes Wed 08 May 19 @ 10:52 pm
If I had an RZ I would not spend money on the 800. (That would be crazy)

Mensajes Thu 09 May 19 @ 1:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
I guess I'm different then. I'm not one for swapping out my kit for something else on a regular basis.

Currently I have a DDJ-SX2 and a DDJ-RZ, and I can't see me buying something to replace them unless they happen to develop a fault that's BER. They cover my needs (and beyond) so 'new shiny' is not required.

I wouldn't buy gear unless it suited my needs. I wouldn't buy it despite the problem, then put up with the flaws until a MKII came out. I'd get something else.

Even with the crappy sound the SX puts out you still want to keep it?? Those SX’s are some of the worst sounding controllers I’ve heard. Takes me back to the DJM-800 and SL1 days lol!!

But yeah I’m not one to switch to often anymore either. Right now I only the Denon 3700’s with a DJM-T1 and a DJM-900 SRT, also have the Denon MC-4000. I do still own the Reloop 8000’s and a set of PLX’s but rarely do I even take them out of the house anymore. I do have my SP1 so that usually has me covered ....

Mensajes Thu 09 May 19 @ 3:11 pm
TBH I use the RZ way more since I bought it. The SX2 has done a garden party for some kids, and standby duty at a NYE party.

I've not noticed it sounding bad, but then I'm usually the wrong side of the speakers and it's a PA system anyway - not a hifi.

Mensajes Thu 09 May 19 @ 4:46 pm
Been messing around with the DDJ 800 and here is what I see. Great controller, very good soundcard, controls are spread out nicely, and the weight is pretty light. I really enjoy DJing with it. Rekordbox is a learning curb for me, but I will be ok once VDJ maps it out.

Build quality is good, but for the price there is simply too much plastic. The build on all other Pioneer controllers over $600 just feels better. I do not regret the purchase, but I feel that the DDJ 1000 is the better deal in retrospect. (It is not much bigger, the weight is manageable, jogs are awesome, 4 true channels, effects work in stand alone) The plastic would not bother me so much if the price was cheaper, but I feel that a $900 controller should have a superior build that reflects the price-tag, even if it adds a few pounds. Some people think the price is not in excess, but I have to beg to differ. The money is not a big problem for me, but that does not mean I want to overpay for equipment.

The unit works flawlessly, and I plan to gig with it soon. This unit is not much cheaper than a 1000. Many would opt to spend a few hundred more and get the 1000. The unit should sell ok, but the 1000 is so much nicer.

Mensajes Mon 13 May 19 @ 2:01 pm
Good review thank you. I have the Denon MC4000 with VDJ and it works really well (2 channel controller). If you take the inputs and outputs from Denon its pretty much the same as the new Pioneer DDJ 800 (XLR, Line in etc) . If the price for the Pioneer DDJ 800 was less, it would be a very sought after controller.
Hopefully VDJ will support it soon.

inxscpl@aol.com wrote :
Been messing around with the DDJ 800 and here is what I see. Great controller, very good soundcard, controls are spread out nicely, and the weight is pretty light. I really enjoy DJing with it. Rekordbox is a learning curb for me, but I will be ok once VDJ maps it out.

Build quality is good, but for the price there is simply too much plastic. The build on all other Pioneer controllers over $600 just feels better. I do not regret the purchase, but I feel that the DDJ 1000 is the better deal in retrospect. (It is not much bigger, the weight is manageable, jogs are awesome, 4 true channels, effects work in stand alone) The plastic would not bother me so much if the price was cheaper, but I feel that a $900 controller should have a superior build that reflects the price-tag, even if it adds a few pounds. Some people think the price is not in excess, but I have to beg to differ. The money is not a big problem for me, but that does not mean I want to overpay for equipment.

The unit works flawlessly, and I plan to gig with it soon. This unit is not much cheaper than a 1000. Many would opt to spend a few hundred more and get the 1000. The unit should sell ok, but the 1000 is so much nicer.

Mensajes Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Selected as best answer Mensajes Thu 23 May 19 @ 12:56 pm
Hello! Will it be possible to use the beat effects bar and the color fx bar with virtual dj? I am a fan of virtual dj and I want to buy this controller, but now I have that doubt. Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 23 May 19 @ 9:34 pm

Mensajes Thu 23 May 19 @ 10:47 pm
Woooo I hope those effects work. They are the same effects as in the 1000, but the 800 is routed through the software.

Mensajes Fri 24 May 19 @ 12:12 am
I like Serato. I really like Rekordbox, but for Weddings , I find VDJ to be a better program for this type of gig. Using the DDJ 800 with VDJ is my goal. If the the color effects don’t map , I will still use it, but it will be a bummer. My Denon MC6000MK2 worked out really well for me, solid to the bone, but after 5 years I need to retire it to backup duties. The fact that VDJ maps to everything is what keeps me using it. Funny it says in my profile that I have been using it only since 2017. I started out on Numark Cue. Which was VDJ marketed under Numark.

Mensajes Fri 24 May 19 @ 12:32 am
Until the manual is on-line please read:

1) DDJ-800 does NOT offer hardware effects (even when no DJ software is running)
2) Beat Effects are always software based
3) The line inputs are routed through the DJ software when a DJ software is running. This allows you to apply effects on line inputs through the DJ software.
4) When no DJ software is running the line inputs are hardware controlled, but only Volume, Trim and EQ are usable
5) Because of the unit's circuit logic if you're going to use external sources frequently a headroom of 9db or 12db is highly recommended (set zeroDB option to -9db or -12db respectively)
6) The AUX input is not routed to the DJ software.
7) The Mic inputs can be set as per user choice to be either software or hardware controlled. This means that users can select if the audio of the mics will be routed to DJ software for further processing (e.g. apply effects) or if they are going to be routed directly on master.

PS/Conclusion: Yes, you can use Beat Effects and Color Effects with this unit and VirtualDJ. But they are provided by the software (VirtualDJ) and not Pioneer hardware since the device itself is not capable to apply any kind of effects (Pioneer design/firmware limitation)

Mensajes Fri 24 May 19 @ 6:54 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
PS/Conclusion: Yes, you can use Beat Effects and Color Effects with this unit and VirtualDJ. But they are provided by the software (VirtualDJ) and not Pioneer hardware since the device itself is not capable to apply any kind of effects (Pioneer design/firmware limitation)

Which is a good thing IMO - way less confusing than the DDJ-1000, since the DDJ-800 is "just a box-of-buttons"-controller - VDJ does all the work
For this reason alone I would probably pick the DDJ-800 over the "mix-and-match" workload DDJ-1000

Mensajes Fri 24 May 19 @ 8:24 am
I have to hand it to VDJ. I respect Serato, Traktor, Rekordbox, and many of the other programs out there, but the flexibility to use any controller on the market belongs solely to VDJ. As I continue to use the DDJ 800 I am liking it more and more. Once I get it mapped to VDJ, it's a wrap. I have it connected to my EV EKX set up, and the sound is so bright and clear. It has a better sound-card than my Denon MC6000MK2 . If you are a gigging DJ that only needs 2 channels, and can afford the price without too much pain, this unit should be on your list.

Mensajes Tue 28 May 19 @ 7:21 pm
Hi. I bought the pioneer ddj-800 and I have an event this Saturday and I urgently need the mapping for vdj, of the basic functions in the meantime. Is it possible to have it? The early version 4973 only connects but does not have any mapping. Please help! I do not want to have to mapping it manually.

Mensajes Wed 29 May 19 @ 7:45 pm
RafroBeat wrote :
4973 only connects but does not have any mapping

Yes it does, according to the wiki.

Mensajes Wed 29 May 19 @ 8:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nope he's [RafroBeat] right 'tis not in the list of controllers inside vdj.

Mensajes Wed 29 May 19 @ 8:26 pm
30%