Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer DDJ-800 - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Has anyone experienced random switching of the active (focused) deck from Deck 2 to 1 for no apparent reason during play?

Mensajes Thu 29 Aug 19 @ 7:09 pm
I just had this happen on my DDJ-RX this past weekend!!

I just figured it needed cleaning but now I’m gonna try to reproduce it.

Mensajes Thu 29 Aug 19 @ 7:49 pm
I Recently purchased the ddj 800 but had trouble loading the asio driver on to my laptop. Its a windows 7 laptop with latest service pack as suggested on their website but it just wouldn't load properly. I took it back to my dealer who were great with helping me but the driver just didn't want to load on my laptop. Lenovo t420 notebook. All very strange. It would only work for about an hour an then the music would sound distorted and awful! even had the same in Rekordbox too.

Mensajes Thu 12 Sep 19 @ 6:43 pm
To be honest, it's time to let Windows 7 die and move forward. Even Microsoft's official support for Windows 7 ends in a couple of months (Jan 14, 2020) and it's a more than one decade old OS.
If your laptop is not capable to handle a version of Windows newer that Win 7 then I doubt if it will be able to handle real-time audio sufficient enough.

So, maybe this is a good chance to format your laptop, install a newer version of Windows and start clean ?

PS: While Pioneer says that Windows 7 are supported for this controller, I doubt if they still test their equipment on a Windows 7 machine...

Mensajes Thu 12 Sep 19 @ 8:16 pm
oeuro5PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Has anyone noticed very audible static / crackling noise when Color FX knob is being manipulated or dialed back to "0" with DUB ECHO effect enabled? It drives me absolutely nutts! Such a nice effect and it works flawlessly in Rekordbox but in VDJ it's so noisy. Also, when my Beat FX selector is set to Master I can not hear any applied effects via Booth Monitors. Don't know if that's normal or something that needs to be fixed by Atomix.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 1:19 am
Is there any way to dim the performance pads on DDJ-800? They are extremely bright in the dark, especially Cue points. I thought my DDJ-SR2 was too bright but this one is just blinding.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:23 am
oeuro5 wrote :
They are extremely bright in the dark.

Turn the light on then.

Controller licences are for home use only, so having the light on shouldn’t be a problem.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 12:07 pm
groovindj wrote :
oeuro5 wrote :
They are extremely bright in the dark.

Turn the light on then.

Controller licences are for home use only, so having the light on shouldn’t be a problem.

I was looking for a more technical response, not your personal opinion.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 12:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
oeuro5 wrote :
Is there any way to dim the performance pads on DDJ-800? They are extremely bright in the dark, especially Cue points. I thought my DDJ-SR2 was too bright but this one is just blinding.

There is no firmware setting for that i am afraid, so no dimming.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:01 pm
oeuro5 wrote :
Has anyone noticed very audible static / crackling noise when Color FX knob is being manipulated or dialed back to "0" with DUB ECHO effect enabled? It drives me absolutely nutts!

Can you try with the latest Released Build 5281 ?

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 3:03 pm
oeuro5 wrote :
Also, when my Beat FX selector is set to Master I can not hear any applied effects via Booth Monitors. Don't know if that's normal or something that needs to be fixed by Atomix.

Will be implemented in a future update.

At the moment, you could change the "booth" line in the Audio setup to "master", and get the Effects applied to the Booth output channels, but then the Booth Volume knob wont work, so you will be getting the same volume in both Master and Booth.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 4:03 pm
oeuro5 wrote :
not your personal opinion.

It's not my personal opinion. It's the terms & conditions of using the software.

If you're using booth monitors and DJing in the dark, it's not very likely that you're just using your controller at home. Therefore, you need a full Pro Infinity license.

Mensajes Wed 18 Sep 19 @ 4:24 pm
If you are so curious groovindj I work second shift and the only time I get to play with my new controller is late after work when everyone is asleep, that's why I've noticed that Cue pads were noticeably brighter than my DDJ-SR2. I either use my headphones or KRK6 monitors which I have hooked up via Booth Monitor outputs, hence the reason I mentioned not hearing any FX via Booth outs. I am running a Trial version with this new controller and I am using it 100% at home. I'm a retired DJ and this is still my hobby. I do intend to purchase a Pro license if everything I pointed out is resolved and works as it should. I just don't like the idea of switching to Rekordbox after all these years using VDJ. Thank you for all the responses guys, I'll be awaiting the next update.

Mensajes Thu 19 Sep 19 @ 2:41 pm
djdad wrote :
oeuro5 wrote :
Has anyone noticed very audible static / crackling noise when Color FX knob is being manipulated or dialed back to "0" with DUB ECHO effect enabled? It drives me absolutely nutts!

Can you try with the latest Released Build 5281 ?

I believe I have the latest build installed. I will double check tonight and will let you know.

Mensajes Thu 19 Sep 19 @ 2:53 pm
djdad turns out I was running an outdated version of VDJ. Upon updating it I've noticed that Cue Points on the performance pads are now multicolor, which kind of solves the problem with excessive pad brightness. The static is still there in Dub Echo, not as bad tho. I disable it just before I dial the knob back to "0" to avoid that crackling noise. I've also had a glitch with Noise color effect, it would emit noise at constant pitch and constant level regardless of the knob position. Upon restarting the controller this issue went away but I hope it does not reoccur. Lastly I still can't hear any Beat FX via Booth Monitors when channel selector is set to Master. One of the moderators mentioned in the post above that it would be resolved in the future update.

Mensajes Fri 20 Sep 19 @ 7:40 pm
Why don't you just plug your KRKs into the master output?

Mensajes Fri 20 Sep 19 @ 10:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
Why don't you just plug your KRKs into the master output?

I did for now, but that's not how it's supposed to operate.

Mensajes Sat 21 Sep 19 @ 4:25 pm
You're saying that the user is not supposed to connect speakers to the master output? What???

Mensajes Sat 21 Sep 19 @ 4:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
You're saying that the user is not supposed to connect speakers to the master output? What???

I'm saying that I should be able to hear all the effects come through my booth monitors regardless of the 1/2/Master selection. Currently I can only hear the effects when one specific channel is selected. KRKs are not my master speakers, I have a QCS setup for that. KRKs are my monitors. I prefer things connected the proper way.

Mensajes Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 2:11 pm
oeuro5 wrote :
groovindj wrote :

I'm saying that I should be able to hear all the effects come through my booth monitors regardless of the 1/2/Master selection. Currently I can only hear the effects when one specific channel is selected.

KRKs are not my master speakers, I have a QCS setup for that. KRKs are my monitors. I prefer things connected the proper way.

Mensajes Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 2:13 pm
91%