Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ library browser hangs when shuffling through large filter folder

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

First, details on equipment (to get those out of the way):
VDJ v8.3 b5095
Intel Core i7-7700HQ
64GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro (1809)
Installed to C: - ADATA SX6000NP 1TB NVMe SSD
Large music library located on F: - Seagate ST2000M007 2TB HDD (Library created 16Jan2014 - 43985 files)
Denon MCX8000

Now on to what's going on:
As insane as it sounds, I usually just use filter folders and playlists to trudge through songs when putting mixes together and for live shows, but as of recently, I've been finding a glaring problem with one of my filter folders aptly labeled Everything which has a filter rule of File Name is not .....
This is generally good enough for my needs, as I further have a few tab fields sorted and can thumb out things that will work harmonically, when pre-crated stuff (in playlists) isn't working for me at the moment.

Sometime recently some things changed in VDJ which causes the main window to hang when browsing. I'll be doing literally anything (playing a track, idle, running a function, etc.), and then I'll scroll the list then left-click on a song in the library. It will hang for a few seconds before highlighting the track. Sometimes the hangs are short, sometimes the hangs are long; It might be related to how far down the list the next selected song is.

It only appears to be the main window freezing when this happens: If a track is playing and/or broadcasting, those functions still operate perfectly fine, and the displays and lights still update on the mixer.
Occasionally the freeze will cause a hiccup in the system that causes a break in network activity (I've noticed both the built-in broadcaster, as well as software running separate seeing the network connection disconnect, regardless of connection type).

I bring this here as I'm out of ideas as to why this is happening. The only real change in the setup since this has started has been the automatic updates to VDJ, and of course music being added/removed from said library.

The player is running the newer Prime-enabled firmware so the internal loopback gain can be turned up on the mixer itself and actually be usable for the built-in broadcasting functions.

The VDJ software has seen a few version updates since this started happening, but none appear to have resolved the issue.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 7:24 am
what columns are displayed in the browser?

Mensajes Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 9:15 am
wickedmix wrote :
what columns are displayed in the browser?

Left to right: (Icon) - Title - Artist - Remix - Comment - Length - BPM - Key - Play Count - First Seen

Additionally if the sort is off I'll tick Bpm then Key so that they're both ascending.

While checking that I also noticed that this is happening on a few of my "Recent 1000" folders, but to a significantly smaller degree (selecting the top track in the list, then scrolling down and clicking the bottom one only yielded maybe a second or two of hanging). top 1000 firstseen and (bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0) being the exact filter for my Recent 1000 Compatible folder.

Mensajes Wed 24 Jul 19 @ 5:39 pm
When you use bpmdiff and keydiff, VirtualDJ recalculates the contents of the filter folder every time the master deck changes.
So, having the browser refresh (and maybe "hung" for a moment) is something somewhat to be expected for large filters of this kind.
If you remove the bpmiff and keydiff queries from your filter I bet that refresh/hanging issues will go away...

I'm sure the team will take a look at it, but you can try to narrow down your filter to maybe 500 tracks and see if that helps ?

Mensajes Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 8:55 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
you can try to narrow down your filter to maybe 500 tracks and see if that helps ?

I can confirm that it does. I have other filter folders (1000 latest, 500 most played, latest 50 not played), and it is noticeable that it still happens on the larger ones (1000 most played, 1000 compatible, Everything), but the smaller the set is, or the higher on the list (from the top) that I select, the shorter this hang becomes.

Like I said earlier, with only 1000 in the list the hang is very short (no more than a second or two), and it only affects the main display (playback and device screens & lights are unaffected).

Previous versions did not have this issue.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 3:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So it doesn't hang while the filter folder is loading, only when you click an item in the list?

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 4:02 am
Adion wrote :
So it doesn't hang while the filter folder is loading, only when you click an item in the list?

Correct.

If the item is at the top of the list, or it is a smaller folder(50/100 items), there's no apparent hang.
If the item is towards the bottom of the list, and I hadn't already selected something in the list near it already, the window will hang.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 4:11 am
Do you have the browser info tab open?

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 5:18 am
Adion wrote :
Do you have the browser info tab open?

Usually not. It does not appear to influence it at all.
If opened the info tab doesn't appear to even update until after the item in the library is highlighted from selection.

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 4:04 pm
I can make a precision: this hang does not occurs as long as the message "Sorting" is shown, but just after it disapears, when a "downloading" message appears
with small result lists - <2000 - it does not have time to show, with long result lists - >8000 - it becomes visible

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 5:54 pm
Should be fixed in 5182

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 7:59 am
Adion wrote :
Should be fixed in 5182

I can confirm now fixed.

Behavior is nice and snappy, like it was previously.

Thank you so much everyone. Much love. ♥

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 2:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)