Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: CPU Meter black in 5182

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Values goes on update in tooltip but CPU metter stay black - default skin, Custom skin
MULTIFX 2 DECKS helps to see only audio CPU load is take in consideration : One bar when 2% two when 5%

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 10:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The default has indeed been changed from showing system cpu usage to audio cpu usage, since that is more relevant in practice.
It's just because it's so low that there's nothing to show I guess.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 10:33 am
Yeah, I just tried to make mine ramp up by using shaders, but couldn't get anything to show. Powerful CPU here anyway.

I bet it would show on my netbook :-)
[later] Yes it does show on the netbook.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 10:43 am
Shaders will mostly affect your gpu.
To get the audio cpu usage to increase the best way would be to use demanding vst plugins.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 11:50 am
Yes, I wasn't thinking straight there - still in "old CPU meter" mode :-)

I see we can still select system, audio or peak audio in the config though...

On the subject of VSTs, I think it would be better if VDJ could access the standard OS location for VSTs (where installation progs normally put them), rather than the user having to copy them over. Then have a config menu which allows you to select which ones you want VDJ to use.

As a DAW user, I have a large amount of plugins, but don't really want to have to duplicate them by copying over to the VDJ folder.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 12:13 pm
Tested All three Karma Fx EQualizer + MDA's Loudness + Aecean Music's Doplerdome display half a bar on default skin - near 10% peak audio
but there is a 50% CPU additional load with their GUI and with a video playing CPU reach 100%
In such a case audio is insignificant, CPU load is more relevant

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 12:14 pm
So is there no way for it to show total CPU load any more, even as an option?
Or maybe selectable between System, VDJ, Audio and why not Skin & video as all these values are shown in the tooltip

[edited]I didn't saw the option :\
and verb "get_cpu" still accept 'audio' and 'peakaudio' and 'total' as parameter ...

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 12:21 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Tested All three Karma Fx EQualizer + MDA's Loudness + Aecean Music's Doplerdome display half a bar on default skin - near 10% peak audio
but there is a 50% CPU additional load with their GUI and with a video playing CPU reach 100%
In such a case audio is insignificant, CPU load is more relevant

That's exactly the point. It doesn't really matter if something else is using CPU as long as it's not affecting the audio thread, since that means everything will continue running without interruptions.
The only cpu usage that is relevant is the one that is causing the audio thread to get starved and thus risking audio dropouts.

Mensajes Sat 27 Jul 19 @ 1:08 pm
To me it seems you have taken something useful and have made it useless. It tells the user nothing... On low end systems, high CPU usage is most likely coming form VDJ skin drawing, video, or analyzing. The audio CPU usage will probably even be lower in such cases and user will see nothing.

Clearly, clean audio is the most important thing to people listening and for the DJ... nothing else matters as much. audio problems are easily picked up.. You should know if your audio thread is not feeding enough data. At this point, you could then gather some CPU usage data and send it to you or at least log the problem... just maybe once at most per day... but there is more you could do if VDJ CPU usage is high, automatically throttle everything else back... increase the buffer size, slow the skin drawing, slow the video updates, slow the analysis, etc... because those things are much less important than clean audio. If VDJ is not the cause of high CPU, then you have logged the problem and sent it perhaps.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 11:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have to agree, in a perfect world just audio performance would be all that matters but the cpu monitor of old gave a warning if something external to vdj is eating up processor time.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 4:03 pm
locodog wrote :
the cpu monitor of old

It's not extinct yet! The option is still there, it's just not default.

Mensajes Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 4:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)