Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Is my laptop good enough

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have used my laptop at home and Dj'd for up to 6 hours (with friends) with no problems.

However when I use my laptop for live performance etc I always encounter problems.

Is my laptop up to it?

Processor

Intel Pentium N4200 1.1GHz
Burst Frequency up to 2.5GHz
Quad-core
2MB Cache
Memory

4GB DDR3L SDRAM
Storage

128GB SSD
Software

Operating System: Windows 10 home
Display

35.6 cm (14") 16:9 LCD, LED Backlit
Resolution 1366 x 768
Graphics

Intel HD 505
Audio

2x integrated speakers

Mensajes Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 11:43 am
What kind of problems do you experience.

Also I would think about what is different when you play out.

Mensajes Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 12:49 pm
The laptop freezes.

At the weekend playing a birthday party i was fine for a few hours but the laptop froze and I was getting a blue circle on the display.
Music was still playing but I had to close the program and reopen to play a new song which then stopped playing.

Luckily that was the end of the night.

I will say that I didn't have a problem until I tried to use my phone as a hotspot to play an online song, something I have successfully done before.
I ran test again when I got home and it was ok.

I was in a small space and my laptop wasn't on its usual stand so could it be a heat problem?

Mensajes Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 1:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could be a heat problem, in some cases venue lighting can disrupt brightness reactive displays but since this happened only at the end of the night this is unlikely. You mentioned the issue happened after you connected online, have you set your connection as metered to prevent windows updates from downloading?, other questions have you set routine maintenance like virus scan or defrag to out of djing hours?
I also know that the issue you described can occur with a dodgy usb connection [my launchpad can do this, I have to unplug and replug, I've since fixed this with a wedge]

Mensajes Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 1:49 pm
Thanks,

Im going to optimise my machine tonight and give it along test.

Could have been a dodgy usb right enough,

Every problems we s to be a new problem., eh?

On the whole though VDJ is a very reliable and excellent app,.

Mensajes Wed 20 Nov 19 @ 3:15 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)