Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: plugins downloads say download within virtual DJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Why does it say download from within Virtual DJ, when I try to download any plugin?

I do not put my DJ laptop on the internet, I download to my desktop and copy the files via a thumb drive to my DJ laptop.
Also I try the skin or plug in on my desktop with the free version first , then copy it to my pro version on the laptop.

Thanks for any input

Al

Mensajes Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 6:34 am
mrdjal wrote :
Why does it say download from within Virtual DJ, when I try to download any plugin?

Because that's the way it works now. All "extensions" are listed, searchable, downloaded and installed from within the config window of VDJ.

It's been that way for some time now, and is covered in the manual. You can still download to your desktop first. Just do it from within VDJ.

IMO (and I've often mentioned this) the download buttons in the addons area of the web site should be removed. Clearly it confuses people when the buttons don't do what they say they do.

Likewise, the manuals should not be listed as downloads when they cannot be downloaded.

Mensajes Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 8:46 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 6:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There is no indication whenever an extention have to be downloaded from site or from within one of the VDJ version
Many do not appear in VDJ x32 or x64 maybe because because of the wrong architecture or the SDK level but there is no indication either
Some other extentions won't appear at all in VDJ. Most of these extentions are already downloadable from site but can't be easily identified as such

That's why download button don't have to be removed for now.
The other "rare these days" reason is some old plugins used to be "open source", the source code is still downloadable from site, but there is no way from within VDJ
Most of these plugins were using SDK6 which is not supported anymore in VDJ x64. VDJ x32 supports SDK6 plugins but plugins seems not to appear within VDJ

Mensajes Tue 03 Mar 20 @ 12:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)