Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Syphon Mac
Can we get the Syphon Plugin for Mac fixed, Please. its been 2 years now. It never worked with 8.3 and now its the same with 8.4. Very kind regards, Kevin Hackett.

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 1:35 pm
I just purchased a Virtual DJ subscription on the assumption that Syphon output was supported since Virtual DJ has a ton of features and Serato Video supports Syphon output. Can you please fix the Syphon output plugin?

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 5:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The Syphon Client plugin should work fine, what happens for you when you try to run it?

Mensajes Thu 12 Mar 20 @ 6:16 pm
Been working for me for the last couple years!! I use it with Mix Emergency and Resolume, no problems here and I always am usi g the newest version of VDJ...

Mensajes Fri 13 Mar 20 @ 4:54 pm
Adion wrote :
The Syphon Client plugin should work fine, what happens for you when you try to run it?

He's talking about Virtual DJ running as a Syphon Server and not a Client which are two totally separate things. A Syphon Client can receive video from other programs but a Syphon Server can send video to other programs. If you want to do complex video mapping/keystoning multiple outputs for LED walls, etc you need Virtual DJ to support Syphon Server output.

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Been working for me for the last couple years!! I use it with Mix Emergency and Resolume, no problems here and I always am usi g the newest version of VDJ...

Are you actually able to Syphon Virtual DJs output into Resolume? Does Virtual DJ show up as a Syphon input source for you in Resolume? AFAIK I haven't been able to get it to work. LuxLumen's workaround is to have Virtual DJ output a screen to a Blackmagic mini recorder capture card and then run that captured output into Resolume. Unfortunately with my setup (Macbook Pro 2019), i'm maxing out every port on my attached USB hubs while also running an EGPU. There's no way I can run a capture card as a work around which is why I would love for Virtual DJ to support output as a Syphon Server.

Mensajes Mon 16 Mar 20 @ 7:25 pm
Yes I can send video FROM VDJ too Resolume and Mix Emergency.

I could probably upload a video tonight showing you.

I’m using a 2013 MacBook Pro ..

Mensajes Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 11:18 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yes I can send video FROM VDJ too Resolume and Mix Emergency.

I could probably upload a video tonight showing you.

I’m using a 2013 MacBook Pro ..

Yes, please do. You could even tell me your method too. Are using a Mac, correct? I figure you can easily do this on a PC with Spout but I can't figure out a way to send it using Syphon on a mac.

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 12:31 am
No problem, I’ll have it up in a few hours for ya bud 🤙🏾

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 1:51 am

Feel free to ask ask any questions...

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 8:43 am

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 3:00 pm
Awesome!! Glad you got it working 🤙🏾

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 3:13 pm
Hi there, I try to configure Virtual Dj 2021 with Mixemergency 3.3.2 but when I try to route the video channels on MixEmergency I don't have Virtual Dj channels available to assign. I try with the version you guys post on this forum but send me a message of incompatibility. Any other option you can recommend me? Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 4:04 pm
it's not compatible with the latest virtual dj

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 5:56 am
Make sure you turn off the "Use Experimental Metal engine" in the performance options. It does work with the latest version.

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 22 @ 2:53 pm
LuxLumen wrote :
Make sure you turn off the "Use Experimental Metal engine" in the performance options. It does work with the latest version.

It does??

I’m gonna try this when I get home tonight!! Been missing this for months!!

Mensajes Mon 21 Feb 22 @ 8:02 pm
Got t working!!

Now I can go back to Mix Emergency!!

Mensajes Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 4:52 pm
Thanks a lot, LUXLUMEN...had given up on vdj being a syphon server. Just tested the syphonserver8 effect again, with the engine off, it's back and working well with the latest M.E and Resolume too. Thanks!

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 5:09 am
please tell me what setting i need to change to get this to work.

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 4:01 am
LuxLumen wrote :

Can i ask, what is the purpose of the metal engine - if u know?

Mensajes Sun 10 Jul 22 @ 12:52 am
Olá, o Syphon client não está mais funcionando no meu Virtual Dj. eu atualizei o virtual e ele parou de funcionar, eu usava ele para mandar videos para o resolume. Já desistalei o virtual DJ e instalei a versão antiga, mas mesmo assim, não funciona mais. o que fazer? me ajudem por favor!

Mensajes Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 10:32 pm