Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Addons

Tema: VB_8Decks - Page: 1
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 1:17 pm
Note: there is a bug in XY effect 2D slider not showing values after slider name
Will be fixed in next update

Mensajes Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 1:21 pm
Wow just shy of 2000 dwnlds and nobody is talking about this Herculean freak of nature??!! Never has the browser been in a separate container that can be slung onto another desktop. Because I am working with 8-decks, II see many applications for this skin. And some things I just don’t even understand what the hell their purpose is or why other stuff is not present like waves. Or any reference point whatsoever for what is playing. 🤷‍♂️

So
1.How do we know whether a song is about to end or looping or about to hit a break? There is no visual information from any of the 8 decks on the time elapsed, or peaks and valleys.

2.X and Y axis must be very important for you to make them one of the primary features... so please explain what they do 🙏🏻

3.its in beta so I imagine you want to know about any bugs. I’m using a MacBook Pro with High Sierra. I am creating multiple desktops to group the windows the way I like. Browser is stretched out nice and comfy with his own screen. When I grab a corner on the video windows to stretch them they flash like a portal into the “browser dimension”. Unless I drag the corners just right. So a nice feature would be a pull down menu or option in settings to choose {small medium large} and just size all the video windows at once rather than dragging corners.

4. Would you give a brief description of the ideal workflow you had in mind when you created this skin? I get the feeling I can do things now I never even thought of.

5. Thank you for choosing my favorite color as the base for this skin.... Teal has always been the color for me. I painted one of my walls this color when I was a teen. And the Jacksonville Jaguars are my NFL team for life. Win lose or lose.

🙏🏻

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 11:29 am
Thanks,
In fact this skin is born from some widgets already done and some recent talks one about 8 decks with play and pfl , the other one about multiple windows skins

1) yes, in fact there is no current ways to know times, cues and loops, because i test this skin more like a digital signage with videos in replay mode
have to add this, (rhythm zone / window in development)
currently looking for a way to ... scratchzones/rhythmzones are (seems to be) limited to 4 decks colors(was 6 in early v8), songpos however can do more

2) more likely to follow the VB look but found stems this way are really usable, they need

3) yes it's beta.. and creating it raise some undiscovered yet issues in skin engines. saved many window position and sizes, size with multiple windows, some drawings redraws or element initial position are badly known bugs now , redraw of transparent areas is well known
Render differ with experimentalSkinEngine helping in some case, adding some other bugs in other cases

4) no real ideal workflow in mind but digital signage and 8 lines input mixer, Mainly experiment out of common ways...
so that yes, makeing people get the feeling they can do things now they never even thought of is one of them ;)

5) chance sometimes does things well xD or maybe VB team are Jacksonville Jaguars' fans either , its close to their color set

Mensajes Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 11:30 pm

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 7:36 am
it's the source of inspiration for the look, that's why the name is prepend with "vb_" ;)

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 8:17 am
Here are how Waves and packed waves can display / select (8 tracks for the preview) right now

Mensajes Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 2:54 pm
The "Video Preview Floating Rack" above the "WavesPos Floating Rack", with the "Floating Browser" and "Main" as a background
7 tracks video only in to expose one (Master preview showing hidden track1 using Mask transition to Track 2) Prioritized

(yes, var_list is visible top center)

Mensajes Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 12:00 am
New version uploaded: waiting for review
- control buttons for video window
- single wave soundpos rack
- full multi waves soundpos rack
- video preview as floating multi decks racks
- crossfaders window
you may need to install "lcd" font

Mensajes Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 5:50 am
NEW to come: review pending

individual basic Jog window per deck
individual loop windows per deck (with non working rhythm zone for decks > #4)
window for 9 custom buttons or 6 custom buttons & 3 custom sliders (buggy)
main mixer in a window, not in the main VDJ window anymore
main window used as a floating video preview - or second video window resizable by script (and full screen by double click)

reworked windows menu and video,jog,loop select
reworked and fixed cross eq & cross stems sliders
reworked 2d panel : grid for better stem cuts & balance+gain (needs balanceFader addon)

resize zone gray triangle indicator and close button on most windows

fixes and ready for next version
-- there is a bug in comming version with balanceFader
-- color of pin change at default for 2d sliders was not working
-- third 2d sliders panel for fx in slot 1 (same X & Y as in selected in fx window)

Mensajes Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 4:08 pm
I am deeply intrigued by this skin. I wish I understood what everything does.

Now that I have a screen that gives me the space to lay the windows out, I have been playing around with it off and on for weeks now. I look forward to seeing this skin expand and evolve.

Thank you!

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 4:25 am
First of all online version was the first alpha version
Next ones more finalized (of course still experimental) were uploaded
look like they were accepted but never added to download page

there are 8 decks + master
there are 8 video windows with 17 available sources

the main goal : everything have to be independant and can be dynamically affected

every deck have :
- a set of 10 custom buttons free to add anything
- a big pad with 16 buttons and 16 sliders
- a big pag window with buttons only

Master deck have
- only one custom button
- 10 band eq
- video preview rack with 0..9 assignable video panels and one prioritized
- a 8 x 8 tracks songpos assignable

i.e.: earlier versions have
- bug fixes (other added ?)
- selectable fx & params for 2d slider
- balance fx dedicated 2d slider
- a window for songpos (can show other tracks as well)
- one jog window per deck - (mimimum)
- a big fx gui usable to select 2d sliders
- a crossfader window with level & video & eq & stem crossfaders
- a set of 9 shapes and 8 pip overlays (can be self created) for video

https://imgur.com/a/LFBJMDb

example pad :
- for use with stems - 1 stem per set of deck 1..4 & 1 stem per set of deck 5..8
- for shape video - 9 shape + 8 insert per video window

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 5:41 am
Thank you for the info!!

Any idea when they will add the update to the download page? And, any idea of your next update after that?

RG

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 6:36 pm
i don't know which version you currently use, it looks like some issues with update process
current version is v5.2 from Sep 5 20, it is apparently online even date show as July 02 20

so if you are in a previous version, uninstall it and install again in a way to manually update

maybe next update before halloween (new features raise new bugs)

Mensajes Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 6:46 pm
No matter what I try the only version I am offered is from 2020-08-04. If there is some way to get a newer version, I am unaware of that method.

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 3:08 pm
DJ Riot Grrrl wrote :
No matter what I try the only version I am offered is from 2020-08-04. If there is some way to get a newer version, I am unaware of that method.

I checked the XML file, and the version I have is 5.2.

Mensajes Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 6:55 pm
well ok, the v5.2 was uploaded on 2020-09-05 so that only the "last updated date" is wrong
anyway i uploaded version 6.0 right now (pending review)

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 1:24 am
6.0 is available. Thank you.

Would you please explain the functioning of the XFader? I have been playing with it and am still not sure what the combinations of the buttons do. Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 4:15 pm
crossfader in VDJ ^^ and in vb_8Decks

numbers represent respectively current left deck and current right deck
middle button selects mix mode
- 1234 all decks left of skin as left decks / all decks left of skin as right decks
- other: all even decks of skin as left decks / all odd decks of skin as right decks
to match config with multiple controllers

master crossfader send the amount of output of "set of left decks" and "set of right decks to master as usual

all playing decks affected to left of crossfader will be affected the same way, the decks affected to right of crossfader being affected the opposite way
with faderStart & faderStartStop all decks affected to the same side of crossfader will start when crossfader is going to it
(crossfader full right, left decks are stopped, moving crossfader left will start left of crossfader decks, reaching left side, right of crossfader decks will stop)

for eq & stems only left deck & right deck are affected, only corresponding "filter" is affected
for video only leftvideo deck & rightvideo deck are affected

there are more info in the following threads:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/236222/General_Discussion/Stem_mapping_question.html?search=vb_8Decks&page=2
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/236140/General_Discussion/Let_s_share_scripts_for_custom_buttons.html?search=vb_8Decks&page=1.7

These are basic initial tests, I created a "more advanced" keyboard map to play with multi decks stems

yes there are many things to be experimented with VDJ :))

Mensajes Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 6:03 pm
FINALLY... I can stop using Ableton to do live multitrack mashups! How do you change the color scheme to a "dark mode" for use in a club setting? This is a great skin, many thanks!

Mensajes Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 3:39 pm
50%