Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Splitting Files

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

How do I split a mix into multiple files? I changed the setting to "record auto split", it's supposed to split into a new recording when I crossfade, but it isn't working?!?! Can someone PLEASE help?

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:06 pm
What gear and audio setup are you using?

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:14 pm
I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro, but I'm not even using that right now. I'm just using my computer. I was trying to split a 20+ min mix into separate files. It was easy on the old VDJ, just had to click the "split" button on the old version. There's no option for that on this version. Instead it gives an option to split files by crossfading. I put the same 20+ min mix on each deck, set my cues where to split, and crossfade back and forth when I want to split to the next file, but it's not working. I tried putting two different tracks on each deck and crossfading, so apparently it won't let me split when I have the same track on each deck.

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:22 pm
Havent tried with same "song" on each deck, maybe there is something there.
Using same song on each deck could be a creative clone deck (instant doubles), external mixer where you dont use crossfader (and splits on new song detected without crossfader) etc. Generally speaking in most cases you probably wouldnt want to cut when its still same song..

So I think in your case the software is "too smart" assuming that you dont want to split when you didnt really "mix" to a new song :)

But you can do it the old way, simply map a keyboard key or custom button in skin with the action record_cut or use that directly at the cue points as action points (you can set actions to cue points in VirtualDJ)

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:33 pm
✔👌👍💯

Got it brother! Thank you! Just made "CTRL+C" my "record_cut" then had to turn "recordAutoSplit" back off and we are good to go. Appreciate your advice.

Mensajes Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:45 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)