Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: DJM-900nxs2 usb audio issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm struggling to get usb audio to be correctly sent to the mixer.

The mixer is correctly identified by Virtual DJ but with audio setting to Speaker Only I'm not getting output sent to OUT 1 & 2. If I use Separate Decks deck 1 will only output to channel 1 if I set the mixer's channel 2 also to the same usb input. Similarly deck 2 will only send audio out to channel 2 to if channel 3 is set to usb input.

I don't know if this is a driver conflict as I have two DJM-900NXS2 drivers in Device Manager, one from Microsoft and the other Pioneer's. If I disable the Microsoft driver the mixer is no longer recognised as midi but does output the audio to the mixer correctly.

I should add that Traktor works with the two drivers enabled without issue but won't detect the mixer without the Microsoft driver running.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?

I'm running Windows 10 build 19042 with Virtual DJ 2021 build 6156.1726 and the latest mixer driver v1.3.

Mensajes Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 11:09 pm
The correct audio setup for DJM-900NXS2 is this:

Please note that on the mixer, the channel order is:
1,2<<>>3,4<<>>5,6<<>>7,8
However the decks are assigned as:
3<<>>1<<>>2<<>>4 (3124)

If you want to use a mixer order of 1234, you need to change the corresponding setting on VirtualDJ and leave the audio setup as is (Software will take care automatically the required changes and routing)

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 4:42 pm
Thanks Phantom for the clarification. I can see where the issue is now and there is either a bug or I've created my own issue trying to get the mixer to work.

If I start Virtual DJ with the mixer connected all is fine and in audio settings the outputs are in the orhder you have listed. However in the settings (where Separate Decks is the default )if I change the output say to Speaker Only then back to Separate Decks the outputs will switch to being in sequential order ( just clicking on Separate Decks when already selected will also do this ). I am then prompted to apply changes and doing so will create a new 'config 1'.

This is the point I was stuck at and the routing has become confused as already mentioned. If I switch back to the default 'Pioneer DJM-900NX2' config it fixes the issue, but a couple a times it hadn't and I'm not sure what's going in there.

To add I just tried changing the order of outputs manually from 3124 to 1234 and this also creates the routing issue in the original post.

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 6:56 pm
Just press the Pioneer DJM-900NXS2 button on audio config.
It will automatically load the correct audio settings for the unit.
You don't need to press the separate decks button this way. Pressing the Pioneer button, will also take care of this.

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 7:48 pm
Yep that will work.

I think the reason I noticed it was rather then use separate decks I chose speaker only and was expecting master output to work as it does state it will send to the DJM chan 1 & 2. As that doesn't appear to output any audio it's a little misleading.

Mensajes Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 10:33 pm
Well pretty sure pressing speakers only does produce sound on the DJM audio bus channels 1&2.
But there are some things you need to change in order to use such a setup.
First of all, audio bus channels 1&2 are on the leftmost audio channel on your mixer. Marked as 1 on mixer's silkscreen, but what would be deck 3 for software.
Also the mapping of the device is using fake commands for the volumes of the decks.
This means that while the fake actions are active, changing the volume sliders on skin won't change anything on the audio engine.
You need to program a custom button to turn off fake actions in order to be able to control the volumes of the decks and therefore hear something.
DJM-900NXS2 mapping applies fake actions every time it gets connected on VirtualDJ, and removes them every time it gets disconnected.

I don't think that using the mixer with "Only speakers" has any benefit on any situation (even if you just want to play some dinner music with automix)
Therefore you'd better use the default audio setup under any case which more or less is hassle free.

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 12:07 am
You're right it was working but only outputting to channel 1 when channel 2 was also set to usb, as before.

The reason I went for master output was for sampling and having all sound output on a single channel is convenient and the same way I have it in Traktor. I see I can send all decks to the same channel as long as I first avoid the sequential ordering bug that seems to be breaking the routing.

I should be good to go from here, thanks again Phantom for your help.

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 5:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)