Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: POI Edits not saving

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have been working on Saved Loops, I found that after I shut down VDJ Pro Infinity and reopen VDJ, all saved loops gone. Then I tried some other edits, rename some cue points, change some colors and they work until I shut down and reopen, changes, gone.

I have MacBook Pro 2016 - os Big Sur / I checked folder permissions, read write / I checked to ensure VDJ had Full Disk access/

I have to be missing something

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 7:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
settings readOnly by any chance?

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 8:27 pm
locodog wrote :
settings readOnly by any chance?

I checked folder permissions, read write

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 8:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
vdj setting

Mensajes Wed 02 Dec 20 @ 9:29 pm
My read settings on VDJ setting are set to Browser - readonly - No

Mensajes Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 10:43 pm
They normally save in the database.xml file as part of the track information
So make sure VDJ can save to that file

Mensajes Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 12:35 am
Okay, I think I have found the issue. iTunes is becoming a thing of the past. Apple has moved to Music App and does not create a .xml file. There is a work around, however it does not automatically update and you must manually update it.
From https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/7/20903391/apple-macos-catalina-itunes-dj-software-breaks-xml-file-support-removal-update
There is a workaround for getting XML files out of the new Music app, it’s just a little more complicated and not automated. As shown in this video, you manually export the library as an XML file and then load it into your DJ app. The problem with this workaround is that these are static files — you’d have to export a new one every time you want to update a playlist, which is a pain.
Correction October 10th, 5:30PM ET: The new Music app can still export XML files, but it is losing the feature that automatically syncs them with other apps. A statement from Apple initially said XML would not be supported within the app. This story has also been updated to clarify that Music supports a new method for automatically syncing playlists that third-party apps can be updated to support.

Mensajes Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 7:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Virtualdj is compatible with the new music app so if you updated to macOS 10.15 or 11 you don't need to do anything

Mensajes Thu 31 Dec 20 @ 6:03 am
okay I am operating macOS 11.1 - Hot cues work but, if I save any loops they always disappear when I quit VDJ and startup VDJ again. I use the POI editor and select saved loop, provide it a color and have a slot assigned and tried not assigned. Still will not save. From the Pro skin I try it, save the loop and disappears when I startup vdj later.

Mensajes Thu 31 Dec 20 @ 7:35 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)