Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Recordings Very Loud
I used to record mixes all the time using Virtual DJ and they used to sound great. As long as I kept the master volume in the middle the mixes would come out with a balanced and clean sound. Now every time I record it's goes into the red even when I have the master volume in the middle.

I realize that I can do ZeroDB and turn it down (I had to turn it down to -6 to get it out of the red) but I don't want to do that because then the mixes are very quite. What should I do?

Mensajes Sat 25 Dec 21 @ 7:37 am
you should use -6 or you will have poor sounding mixes simple :-)

Mensajes Sat 25 Dec 21 @ 3:31 pm
The right question is "how do you record" your mixes ?
If you record through VirtualDJ then the "master" volume slider has/had no impact at all at the recorded result. VirtualDJ records the audio sum BEFORE the "master volume" adjustment. And that's something you'd want to definitely be the case if you were recording live at a gig.
Also despite the "reds" VirtualDJ won't technically distort your recordings. It uses the same limiter that's applied to your master output to prevent distorting. However your mix will have it's audio peaks altered/compressed by the limiter.
The right solution is indeed to lower the zerodb setting. Personally I believe that -3db is the best generic option. It will not drop your audio volume too much and rarely some peaks will get compressed.

If you use another app to record, or you feed your audio signal back to your computer with a cable loop to another sound interface then everything is possible, but in that case we'll need more details on how you have set it up.

Mensajes Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 8:14 am