Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: How to stop browser from automatically renaming tracks?
Hey, just downloaded VirtualDJ yesterday and I'm starting to import songs onto my browser. As I have been adding more tracks to my browser, I've begun to realize that some tracks are being automatically renamed to different names than I had named them in my files. I can't find a way to change the name back to what I want it to be (file operations > rename doesn't work) neither can I find a way to turn off the automatic renaming. This is messing up my organization of my browser and is making some tracks annoyingly difficult to find. Any help on how to stop this?

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 2:28 am
use
-----> "Tag Editor" instead
-----> file operations > rename
(otherwise I didn't understand much)
maybe it will help...

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 8:57 pm
check out the tags section of options maybe something there causing your issue

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 9:40 pm
VirtualDJ NEVER automatically renames your tracks.
What it actually does, is reading the tags of your files.
If your tags are incorrect/incomplete that's another story and there are several tools you can use to fix that.
However VirtualDJ does NOT rename (as in change the filename of) your tracks

Mensajes Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 10:55 pm
Maybe your confusing the title and filename. Either can be listed or not. If a file does not contain a title tag, then a title is generated from the filename. This generated title will have dashes, brackets, extension, and maybe some other things removed to clean it up some and will be different from the filename.

If the filename is being listed it should display same as on file system. If not post a screen shot.

Mensajes Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 11:33 pm
@PHANTOMDEEJAY
Sorry if the wording came across as me saying the browser actually renamed the files themselves, that's not what I meant. All my files are the same as they've always been so no worries with that haha. Just that the browser displays some tracks differently then how they are usually formatted.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 4:03 am
I'll check out the tags section and see if I can do something about it there. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 4:04 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 5:59 am