Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Easy to reproduce VDJ crash.
Open BPM editor. Size it across the screen as in the following image. Must be at least some certain size. Grab the left size border and drag it all the way to the right like your dragging it off screen. Release mouse and should be hung up now. Crashes every time here.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 8:26 am
I can reproduce your hang also, without controller attached (but with modified Pro skin)
UPDATE: Same hang when testing with default Pro skin. VDJ 6839

No need to first, stretch the BPM editor across the entire screen, just resize the BPM editor to zero width, as shown in screenshot video.
https://gyazo.com/4a94a5c848c95e9bb15a7d0cbcdcb614

Hope this helps.

PS
Would never find myself doing this, when of using VDJ.

------------------------------------
VDJ 6839
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor (3699.99 MHz)
Memory: 65458 MB
Concurrency: 16
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19043.1526)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 11264 MB
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.5730
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 457.30

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 9:09 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :

PS

Agreed, would only use the editors for prep at home. However it would be crap if you'd updated loads of files then the crash happened as you'd lose the new info.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 9:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Thanks for the report, will fix.

The database is saved almost immediately after making changes, so you wouldn't lose any work btw.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 9:58 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
PS

It happened accidentally the first time. I went to move the editor and grabbed the size border by mistake and ended up moving the whole thing. I don't bother actually trying to test VDJ too much anymore because it became a waste of time. But it doesn't matter if you would never do that or it happened by accident. Bugs frequently lead to other bugs and sometimes worse then the thing that triggered the bug. So it's not your job to decide on the severity of an error etc. and it's an important thing to know that. No one really knows until it gets investigated.

By the way I had changed the skin prior to the crash and not sure how long it was till crash happened but the skin change was not saved. Repeated the test about 4 more times and also changed skin each time. On the latter test the time between skin change and crash was about 15 to 20 seconds. Skin change not saved.

Mensajes Thu 17 Feb 22 @ 8:55 pm
It was awesome that you reported it.. so VDJ can have tweak to make VDJ even better.

And was commenting that I would have never come across it.. since I only open and close the BPM editor.

and so great that it is probably fixed already... Love VDJ !

Mensajes Fri 18 Feb 22 @ 12:43 am
gabycorreaPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2010

here totally frozen.
I did a manual reset.
there was no automatic restart
Best regards

Mensajes Fri 18 Feb 22 @ 4:05 am