Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stems not working all the time
Hi all,

I've just started to figure out how to use the Stems FX in my mixes. I'm using the 2 deck set up and the stems pads. But they only work sporadically. Sometimes I press them and they work, and other times nothing. Have I accidentally disabled them? This feature is new to me so I'm tying to get my head around it.

I'm working on a 2010 MacBook Pro and a Numark Mixtack Edge controller. MathEngine is set to CPU, and Only Use Precomputed is checked.

Thanks for the help!

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 12:34 pm
If you have an old laptop you need to make sure that the stems separation is finished before you use them
Could that be the reason?
You can see if the separations is done right above the browser (the text will disappear where it's done):

The songs will play fine before the stems calculation is done - so it can be a bit confusing

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 12:39 pm
SnaxInBerlin wrote :
MathEngine is set to CPU, and Only Use Precomputed is checked.

when use only precomputed is on, you will only be able to use stems on songs you have manually precomputed the stems on.

maybe a song you tried didn't have the stems precomputed :-)

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 12:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have set precomputed stems to 'Use Only Precomputed' then stems will only be available on those tracks that you manually selected to precompute the stems for.
You can put it on 'Manually Create' if your computer is fast enough to compute the stems on the fly.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 12:49 pm