Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Is there a way to use VDJ when I have my music stored on a cloud service but I don't have internet?
Hey there,

I have a big collection of tracks stored on a cloud service and as far as I know, I can only play those tracks through VDJ only if I am connected to the internet.

It's going to be very painful to manually download each track so it can be available when I don't have an internet connection, because each file is organized under different folders and subfolders (and they are a lot).

Is there a way that I can select the playlists I made with specific tracks and make them available offline (and whenever I need to disable them from being available offline because I constantly change the arangement of the playlists) INSIDE Virtual DJ but without copying them or moving them from their original path?

thanks

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 7:52 am
use the export playlist feature and put them where ever you want :-)

right click playlist hit export and tell it where.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 9:54 am
thanks but as I said, I need not to copy or move them from their original path.
Like Google Drive has the "right click - make available offline" setting. I was wondering if this is possible to happen inside VDJ as all tracks are located in different folders and subfolders and it would a total frustration to locate and make available offline each track..

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 10:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
if you're not going to have local copies then how are you going to play online tracks with no internet connection?

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:01 am
well.... Google Drive, allows you to make available offline anything that is on cloud. This means, if you make any file available offline, it is located on your computer.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:03 am
Google Drive now creates a virtual disk on your computer and basically anything you have on drive can be accessible from your computer with a normal path without having to take place on your computer

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:05 am
Make a playlist or virtual folder with the tracks you want local and then export to your machine.

#EDIT WHAT? no if it's available offline it means it's on your machine

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:07 am
that would be a "copy" with a different path name..

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:08 am
So?

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:10 am
as I said i don't want to copy any file. I have a lot of playlists that are constantly changing. It would be too confusing and too much extra effort each time for no reason

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:12 am
locodog wrote :

#EDIT WHAT? no if it's available offline it means it's on your machine

I know! I am wondering, if I can make a file available offline, INSIDE VDJ..... that is my question.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:15 am
I suggest you try just make a small 3 track playlist online, export to local, rearrange the local version, then export back [just the list] to online.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:18 am
thanks for your time guys..
I guess there is no way for what I need to do.

It would be a good upgrade though if VDJ manages to somehow make the app communicate with GD's virtual disk and have this option available inside VDJ

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:25 am
I believe you are requesting the feature in the wrong place. What you want should be a feature of your cloud, not of VDJ software. Google Drive can do it, Sync.com can do it, and others like Dropbox can likely also do it (but I do not have the experience with anything else).
What online storage are you using? There are tools that can do this in case your cloud storage provider (or maybe your NAS or whatever you are using) does not support it. If you are using Google Drive, I propose the best way is to find out a workflow such as exporting the files to a drive, copying them over your existing files (that way they will be changed and therefore they will get a new date on the filesystem), order them by date and then it is easy to mark them for permanent local storage. If they are in multiple folders, you can still use i.e. Total Commander and with Ctrl-B you will see all files in all folders and subfolders and you will be able to order them as if they were in one folder. Maybe there is a smarter way how to mark them, this is just a quick idea.

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:33 am
i know google drive can do it. my tracks play perfectly fine but only if i have an internet conection or if not, to MANUALLY make available offline the tracks one by one. what i asked, is if while i am inside vdj to select all tracks from a specific playlist and make them avaialble offline while i am inside vdj without having to go to google drive and find each track one by one

thanks for your time

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:39 am
it would take a hell of a time to do this every time...

cheers! thanks

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:41 am
export to your local google drive

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 11:56 am
locodog wrote :
export to your local google drive

yes the goal is to export/make them available offline, but through VDJ without moving them or copying them.
and not manually selecting one by one via GD. thank you

Mensajes Wed 04 May 22 @ 12:02 pm