Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Rev7 Connectivity issues
Ok,

I have installed the driver and firmware updates for my Mac. (2020 running Monterey 12.3)
Virtual recognizes the Rev and the Audi files play, but the functionality is off. The right turntable either does not spin, or if it does spin, does not end the song. The song remains on a loop. (no the auto loop is not engaged). When I hit the start/stop it then plays it at a super slow tempo. Again there is no way to stop it.
While I have been typing the it has turned the right platter has turned on and off like it is on demo mode or something 3 times. Virtual is open, but nothing is playing.

I have been with virtual for over a decade now, I SORELY don't want to have to go to Serato, but I spent $2Gs on a controller. If I can't get it to work, I will have to leave. PLEASE HELP

Mensajes Thu 05 May 22 @ 11:59 pm
So you have issues only with the RIGHT platter ?
Left one works fine ?

Do you have access to any other computer to try there as well ?
Or maybe install Serato and try to see if it works ?

I'm asking this in order to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue since if the problem was software related it should appear on both decks.
My MAC is an older model and had no issues with Rev7 until 2 or 3 weeks ago that was the last time I checked.

So, let's exclude the possibility of a hardware issue first.

PS: When starting VirtualDJ it would be a good move to press the RPM setting button on both sides to the desired setting.
I have found that on very rare occasions, the unit would not switch RPM besides VirtualDJ sending out the correct LED data (and the LED lighting up on the controller)
In this case the affected deck would play either on a very slow or on a very fast speed.

PS2: I assume you haven't touch anything on the mapper and that you're using "factory default" mapper.
Otherwise let us know what you've changed because the firmware of the device is a little tricky when it comes on some keys/components

Mensajes Fri 06 May 22 @ 8:05 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
So you have issues only with the RIGHT platter ?
Left one works fine ?

Do you have access to any other computer to try there as well ?
Or maybe install Serato and try to see if it works ?

I'm asking this in order to eliminate the possibility of a hardware issue since if the problem was software related it should appear on both decks.
My MAC is an older model and had no issues with Rev7 until 2 or 3 weeks ago that was the last time I checked.

So, let's exclude the possibility of a hardware issue first.

PS: When starting VirtualDJ it would be a good move to press the RPM setting button on both sides to the desired setting.
I have found that on very rare occasions, the unit would not switch RPM besides VirtualDJ sending out the correct LED data (and the LED lighting up on the controller)
In this case the affected deck would play either on a very slow or on a very fast speed.

PS2: I assume you haven't touch anything on the mapper and that you're using "factory default" mapper.
Otherwise let us know what you've changed because the firmware of the device is a little tricky when it comes on some keys/components

Valid questions and I appreciate the attention.
I did as asked, and installed Serato *cringe* and wouldn't you know, everything works exactly fine. No issues with the right or left platters. Both spin, both start and stop correctly and everything.

To address your last assumption, you are correct, I was still on default. No mapping done whatsoever.

So I am in need of help

Mensajes Fri 06 May 22 @ 11:01 pm