Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Holding Down Alt Key
Hi all,

I noticed on my home computer that holding down the ALT key brings up a keymapping template yet my DJ Laptop doesn't show it and they are both using the Windows version 8.5-64 b6886

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 10:10 pm
Have you checked that both are configured similarly:

1) Both have same Keyboard mapping .. ie the "factory default" keyboard mapping .. (not the "factory default (Legacy)"

2) Settings > Options: are set as:

keyboardShowKeyMapOverlay......... Yes
keyboardKeyMapOverlayOnStickyKeys....... Yes

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 11:50 pm
@||DEEJAY|| thanks the keyboard options were set correctly but it turns out I changed the Ctrl+V to another key sequence which fixed me be able to copy and paste with the classic Windows Ctrl+V paste shortcut when I was copying songs from request lists.

Is there a way I can keep the factory default keyboard mapping and leave Ctrl+V as the default windows paste while having another way to enable/disable video playback?

Update: Don't understand. I restored the default keyboard mapping and Ctrl+V does now paste and doesn't open the video playback screen. Am I implementing it wrong?

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 2:55 pm
I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

The new "factory default" keyboard mapping does NOT map Ctrl+V so it will be the windows "paste" action.

Previously, the "factory default (Legacy)" keyboard mapping, had Ctrl+V mapped to, the action: video

-----------
If you wish to have a keyboard shortcut for the OLD Ctrl+V mapping .. which toggled video playback.

Choose an unused Keystroke combo (of your choosing)... and add it to the new "factory default" keyboard mapping

so for example, one could map, Ctrl+B with the action: video

to create a keystroke, to toggle your video playback

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 6:41 pm
Thanks that worked :-)

Mensajes Tue 24 May 22 @ 10:02 pm