Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Sounds on deck load??
mikePRO InfinityMember since 2022
I just switched to VDJ from Serato on my DDJ Rev-7 and find it superior in every way save for this odd bug.

No matter how I have the sound set (ie: the non-playing deck off), when I load a new track, there is a couple seconds of fast garbled sound.

I'm on current OS with 16 GB Ram and about 8GB available. Not even dinging CPU capacity.

Any ideas?

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 9:47 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
are you giving stems time to be processed? a couple of seconds should be enough to get the start out clean.

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 10:29 pm
Can you describe the sound a little better ? Or maybe record it and upload it for us to hear ?

Mensajes Sat 21 May 22 @ 11:21 pm
Sorry for slow answer - posted this right before I went to a gig.

You can hear it throughout my Mixcloud file from the gig: https://www.mixcloud.com/mikeorren/retirement-party-in-dallas-52122/ (edit: bah. Something is janky with the file.)

A little clearer explanation too. If I am playing in Deck 1 and add a song to Deck 2, Deck 1 glitches briefly. Sounds like a tape on fast forward for about three seconds. Ditto in the inverse.

I'll come back tonight with a screen cap.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 22 @ 12:57 pm
user25439837 wrote :
Sorry for slow answer - posted this right before I went to a gig.

You can hear it throughout my Mixcloud file from the gig: https://www.mixcloud.com/mikeorren/retirement-party-in-dallas-52122/ (edit: bah. Something is janky with the file, but you can hear it clearly at 1:08 in the first track.)

A little clearer explanation too. If I am playing in Deck 1 and add a song to Deck 2, Deck 1 glitches briefly. Sounds like a tape on fast forward for about three seconds. Ditto in the inverse.

I'll come back tonight with a screen cap.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 22 @ 2:58 pm
Are your running Rev7 through a USB hub ?
If yes, can you try to connect it directly on your laptop ?

Mensajes Mon 23 May 22 @ 3:58 pm
I am. I guess I need to get a USB-B to USB-C cable? I was using an A-B because that's what came in the box and I already had a hub.

Mensajes Mon 23 May 22 @ 4:32 pm
Tried direct cable in lieu of hub and had the same issue.

Mensajes Fri 27 May 22 @ 2:03 pm
Closing the loop on this – got from VDJ tech support suggestion of turning off stems. I wasn't happy about that because it was a key feature I wanted.

BUT when I went into settings, the default was set at GPU. The other two options were "DISABLED" and "CPU."

Changing to CPU solved the problem.

Here's how to get there, per support:

go to: SETTINGS->OPTIONS tab->search for the option: MATHENGINE and change to DISABLED (or CPU)

Mensajes Thu 09 Jun 22 @ 6:55 pm