Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Controller Take Over Mode -
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
HI
Is there a way you add a 'take over mode' that when you move a physical knob or slider on a controller, the program moves the corresponding program knob to meet it when they are not aligned.
i.e if the physical knob on the controller is @ 20% but the program is @ 50% (eg for EQ), when I move the knob back towards the 50% mark, the program moves the value DOWN until they meet, so with the physical knob @ 30% the program has moved to 40% & they meet at approx 35% (if my math is correct).
This is mainly because I've been using stems a lot (which are amazing) with the take over @ 'Gradual' and at the end of the mix for example the 'instr' stem will be at 0%, then I load another track forgetting to reset the knob on my controller & then if I want to use stems again, as I move the knob back to 50% the actual stem will advance towards 100% before coming back to the middle.
It's not a big deal as I just have to twiddle the knob really fast to prevent unwanted FX & there could very well be a good reason why you have not done this already (for scenarios I haven't envisaged), and if so please feel free to point them out.
Thanks anyway.

PS I know I can use 'Pickup' (which is what i am actually doing right now) just thought I'd ask.

Mensajes Sun 25 Sep 22 @ 1:46 pm
I don't quite understand what you're asking for though..
There are 3 modes to choose from. Most people will use the default "Pickup" which TBH makes the most sense.
If you have thought of a different mode, please describe how it should work.

PS: Perhaps as a solution to your specific problem you could check out "resetStemsOnLoad" setting.
If the stems don't reset when loading a new track then the slider positions between software and hardware will not become unlinked. However you'll have to reset the position of your eq knobs manually to 0 position every time (as you would do with a hardware mixer featuring a typical 3 band eq per channel)

Mensajes Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 11:17 am
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
Thanks for the info on workarounds, I am for the most part using 'Pickup' atm anyway.
My request, altho not an urgent one, just maybe for consideration is that if the physical knob is not in the same position as the software, when you move the knob TOWARDS the software position, the software knob would move TOWARDS the physical knob, rather than AWAY in the same direction as 'Gradual' does.

So for example in 'Gradual' Mode (& I don't know exactly how gradual works so this is an example
Physical knob @ 20%, Software position @ 50%, when you move the physical knob to 30%, the software knob moves to 55%, @ 40%, the further you move the physical knob up, the software moves up as well but slower until they meet.

What i was suggesting is, in that scenario with physical knob @ 20% & software position @ 50%, when you move the physical knob UP to 30%, the software moves DOWN TOWARDS it, to 40%, as you keep moving the knob up they will meet around 35% & be aligned.
An extreme example would be physical knob @ 0%, software @ 100%, when you move the physical knob to 10%, the software moves to 90%, physical knob @ 20% then software @ 80% and so on ... knob @ 30% software @ 70%.

Obviously if you moved the physical knob away from the software position at any point then you have to decide what would be the best thing to do, I would have thought do nothing until the knob is moved back towards the software position, but there may be unintended consequences with that or even with the whole suggestion and if so I totally understand why it won't then be possible it was just suggestion.

Mensajes Mon 26 Sep 22 @ 12:31 pm
While I get what you're saying / proposing, I personally would find it strange to move a knob clockwise and have it's sound act the other way around (as in your extreme case scenario where the 2 knobs meet in the middle - 50%)
In that example it would appear as the knob was acting completely in reverse, thus confusing you if you were not to look at the screen to see what's going on.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea. I just say that I would find it awkward to work that way.

Mensajes Tue 27 Sep 22 @ 8:56 am