Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Search Bar on VDJ stops working
Hi Everyone,

Re: Search Button stops working.

I am running VDJ 8.5-64 B7183 on an HP Elitebook 840 G5 with a 1TB SSD drive and 24 GB RAM. I ve been trying to deal with the problem (search button stops working) which happens almost everytime I run VDJ connected in MIDI mode to either a Pioneer DDJ 200 and an RX2 controller.

I ve contacted VDJ several times and I must say they were very helpful and prompt in answering and providing solutions however none have worked to date.

I have stopped using the external drive and instead copied all into my internal - eliminated.
I have stopped the precomputed stems as I thought that was causing a load on the cpu.
I have done a reset in the mapping settings.
I have tried to change the skin too but to no avail. Currently using Pro Skin.

The only way I can re write on the search bar is by opening a word document, scribble something, then copy and paste in the field. It is a solution ok, but it still bugs me a lot other than it makes feel uncomfortable that something is not quite right with the software during a live performance.

If anyone has experienced this and has found a solution to it, I would be very grateful if you could kindly share with me your solution to it.

Many thanks in advance.

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 6:24 am
are you logged into the software with the same information you use for this site?

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 10:26 am
Yes I use the same email and pw linked to this account.

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 10:40 am
Have you tried to rename you VIrtualDJ folder (rename not delete).

Then open VDJ once again to generate a new profile once again. (It should look like VDJ has been opened for the first time)
Then test if you are able to type in the search bar once more?

If that works then it’s likely to be one of the files contained in you original profile.

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 1:26 pm
Thanks for the tip. Support had suggested this in fact but it did not work.
Allow me to clarify that upon opening vdj everything seems to work great and the search works without problems. It is after a few minutes and this particularly happen when in midi mode it does not allow me to type anything.

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 1:39 pm
Can you share your computer specs ?
It reminds me a problem I had with another application a lot years ago, where the drivers of the GPU would crash and after that I would not be able to click and interact with some parts of that application.
Of course the problem I refer to was back in 2010 and a lot of things has changed since.
However poor GPU drivers performance is always a guaranteed method to bring trouble on your system.
Just a thought..

Edit:
My bad, you DID state your PC specs.
However, is it the model with just intel Graphics, or the model with the optional AMD Radeon GPU ?
Are your display drivers fully updated ?
If your laptop has AMD GPU, what happens if you disable it and run VirtualDJ only on intel Graphics ?
Or the opposite ?
Can you try change the "skinUseLowPowerGPU" setting and see if it helps ?

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 4:20 pm
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this.

I confirm the laptop has only one intel UHD Graphics 620. As per windows the driver (currebt version: 30.0.101.1340) seems the latest available.

What I did is, I installed intel assistant and it did show that an updated driver was available so I am hoping this will help solve my issue. The new driver version now reads 31.0.101.2114.

I think this is more of a skin issue as I have never experienced any glitches or freezing. I ll test it out and see if it helps.

Thanks once again. I ll keep you all updated.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 22 @ 6:37 am
You can always try my favorite keyboard custom mapping, where i have mapped the space bar to the search field.

Saves loads of time when looking for tracks as i never need to worry about clicking in the search field, just need to hit the space bar.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 22 @ 5:48 pm
That s a real good idea actually. Thanks for sharing.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 22 @ 6:02 pm
TBH if you use a controller and you don't need to use keyboard shortcuts regularly, then you can set the keyboard to actually search every time you type something.
You don't even have to set a "shortcut" on spacebar or any key for that.
In this case "regular" keyboard shortcuts can be using by ALT+Key combinations.

Mensajes Wed 09 Nov 22 @ 9:37 pm